MSF at Georgia State?

Does anybody have any experience with or knowledge of Georgia State’s MS Finance program? It looks like you can specialize in one of three areas: corporate finance, investments, or financial institutions and capital markets. It’s also not very expensive; it looks like the degree can be done part time within a year and a half or so for ~15M. My only problem is that I do not know anybody who has done this program, and a search online does not bring up any opinions or additional information on the program. http://robinson.gsu.edu/finance/ms.htm

Georgia State is not exactly a name to conjure with as they say.

If you’re going to graduate with BS in Finance and pursuing CFA then I don’t see any point or advantage of doing MS Finance from Georgia State.

“a year and a half or so for ~15M” Holy crap. For 200K, I will make sure you ace all your classes. I had no idea these degrees were that expensive.

What are the recruiting statistics and job placements?

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “a year and a half or so for ~15M” > > Holy crap. For 200K, I will make sure you ace all > your classes. I had no idea these degrees were > that expensive. Whoa JDV? Is that really you?

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “a year and a half or so for ~15M” > > Holy crap. For 200K, I will make sure you ace all > your classes. I had no idea these degrees were > that expensive. Holy cr@p - the legend is back!!!

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “a year and a half or so for ~15M” > > Holy crap. For 200K, I will make sure you ace all > your classes. I had no idea these degrees were > that expensive. My employer always uses this bunk numbering convention as well (M for a thousand and MM for a mil) MM actually means two thousand in Roman numerals.

Generally in trader-speak, capital M or double mm is a million. Small m is one thousand. Some people switch big M and small m around, but I don’t think you’re supposed to.

I think the kid meant Month. ‘~15 Month’

Sorry for the confusion; I meant $15,000 for the entire program (30 credit hours)