100 hours for Series 7

ridiculous amount or about average?

I’d say give yourself three to four weeks to read the book and about a month on the practice CD. If you are scoring above 80-85% on the practice exams, you are very well prepared.

I’d say take a few Sunday (optional case of Natties) afternoons to study options and munis. You should be fine.

NY_CFA_Prep Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’d say give yourself three to four weeks to read > the book and about a month on the practice CD. If > you are scoring above 80-85% on the practice > exams, you are very well prepared. I don’t remember the number of hours I spent, but one to two months sounds about right as far as methodology. I focused on doing the math stuff especially, as it’s not too difficult at all and I viewed them as ‘easy points’, since you most certainly know when you’ve done a math problem ‘right’. Focus especially on the practice CD - most people find it far more useful to do actual problems than to read the book. I myself don’t think I read the full book (or anywhere near it) and scored very well, so it’s not a necessity at all.

Way too much. I’d say 30 hours would be on the high end.

I studied for one weekend to pass the 7. Anyone who has studied for Level 1 should be able to pass the 7 with ease.

100 hours is a lot of study for the Series 7, especially if you’ve already taken at least Level I of the CFA exam. With that said, who are we to say whether it’s too much or too little for you? The real question you should be asking is, “What’s the cost of me having to retake the exam if I fail?” And I would say that it’s quite significant, since you don’t want to have to wait a month and then have to take it over. Just do whatever it takes for you to pass so you don’t have to think about it again.

on my desk, you got made fun of if you scored over 80%. perhaps that’s a bit of what’s wrong with wall street, but i digress.

justin88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > on my desk, you got made fun of if you scored over > 80%. > > perhaps that’s a bit of what’s wrong with wall > street, but i digress. At my internship at MS some of the older guys mentioned you got a bonus if you scored right at 70%. I took it a month ago. 100hours is a lot of time. I’d say you should be fine w/ half of that. Get STC, read the materials once and do the questions that follow. Then hit up the exams. These will tell you where you really stand. Around exam 6-8 is what the actual difficulty of the real thing will be. Make sure though that you don’t do every exam Q&A. Leave some for closed book that you never did b/f so you don’t remember the questions. GL.

I got a 92% and got absolutely pummeled at the office for overstudying. I didn’t care as I only wanted to take it once.

i’m an L3 candidate so all the Level I stuff reviewed in the series is well over a year old in my head…and i simply can’t afford to fail so I’m going to suck it up and stick to my 100 hour study plan to pass. I’d imagine i can get through it much quicker, but i’ve already mapped out the time I’m an associate in ER so i need to bang out the 7, 63, and 87 before Jan 1 so i can start level III…come june though school is out forever (hopefully)