Is AF Malicious??

I log in my company desktop and type www.analystforum.com in the browser. OH, AF is blocked! This forum is in the category: “Finance/Bank:Malicious” Don know wat the hell is going on…

same happened here

I guess your company’s security system doesn’t have a “Finance/Bank:Entertaiment” category.

I also got that yesterday. It’s back today though.

same. we must all work at the same bank.

coshair Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This forum is in the category: > “Finance/Bank:Malicious” they must think we’re all CDO/CLO prop traders…

Every time I click on a post a new window opens up “http://www.epoclick.com/?ad=1287541492” New low

hobbes928 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > same. we must all work at the same bank. …I guess we AFers are all bad guys that can make market shake. lol. Is it because “the bank” would release its Q3 report?..like wat admins do during CFA exam?

it use to say that on my chrome. not anymore

Isn’t this what proxy servers were invented for? It’s not like the boss is going to walk by and you have bigboobs.com on the screen.

There are a lot of IT security firms that keep a database of unallowed websites that they offer to implement for companies - if a site like AF gets added to that list, you might see it suddenly blocked simultaneously by several different companies on the same day as they update the block list.

Just visited AF after a small break. I have Web of Trust installed as an add on, and it warned me of visiting this site??? WOT Scorecard for AF http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/analystforum.com What is going on here?

i think some of the adds from third party study providers have malware programs in the links on AF…i would avoid clicking through any of them and staying on the forum

this just happened to me yesterday. fml AF is blocked on my work internet!

Same at my bank! Weak sauce imo

It looks like the analystforum.com domain ended up on a blacklist from a company that many corporate systems use to block access to sites. The company has agreed to remove the domain from the list so I’m hoping this is a temporary situation for those of you who are blocked at work. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Chad

AnalystForum Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It looks like the analystforum.com domain ended up > on a blacklist from a company that many corporate > systems use to block access to sites. The company > has agreed to remove the domain from the list so > I’m hoping this is a temporary situation for those > of you who are blocked at work. > > Thanks for bringing this to my attention. > > Chad Chad my work still has this blacklisted!

mine was blocked for a while but is back

Funny story: my own firm (Unilever) had our internal website filtered from our computers for “lewd” material. Classic.

Funny story: my own firm (Unilever) had our internal website filtered from our computers for “lewd” material. Classic.