I landed a job!

I finally got into Equity Research at a BB firm!! Going to work right next to the senior analyst, learning everything about the industrials sector. It was a very tough road, and it took a few years to finally get the foot in the door. Passing L2 really helped me nail the interview and in-office modeling test. I’ve been a long time lurker here, and some people say the CFA charter doesn’t help. They are wrong. Without the CFAI studying, I never would have made it.

Nice work!

congrats!

congrats…motivation for my L2 studies

Fantastical ! what was the in-office modelling test like?

congrats hombre…do you mind if i ask about your background? previous work experience, quality of undergrad/graduate, packin a fat hog in your trousers?

Excellent work mate. Well done. Tell us a bit about your history, ie education, previous work experience, etc.

Thanks for the congrats everyone Some background: Top3 Finance undergrad bus. school CFA program L3 candidate 2 years credit valuation 2 years asset mgmt Got 1 interview for about every 3 jobs I applied to. only applied for AM ER or IB, no back office roles. I thought with my stats, I would do better, but there is a ridiculous amount of competition out there. no joke, it’s brutal. For the highly desired jobs, I’d say you need at least 2 of these 3: Top School Good work experience Good connections

congrats! excellent work paying dividends again

Congrats! Best of luck in the new gig.