Short interest on foreign stocks

Hello, you classy lads and lasses- Anyone know a good website where I can obtain information on the short interest for foreign stocks? Firstly, I’m not near a bloomberg terminal (working from home this whole week) but secondly, I’m not sure that all countries/exchanges/broker-dealers etc. report the short interest on foreign stocks. If anyone knows the best way to get this info, I’d be much obliged. I have indeed checked the all-knowing GOOG and I am not smart enough to make it understand what I want. :((( -SSF

Yahoo! Finance brah

NYCGorilla Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yahoo! Finance brah Thanks Gorilla for the reply. Yeah, I’ve tried most of the well-known sites. For most of what my company looks at, the securities either don’t appear on Yahoo! or GOOG, or they appear with essentially no data (bare minimum - maybe a quote, shares outstanding, and div. yield). Blegh. Anyone else know of some super-secret-awesome site?

you have access to FactSet? Bloomberg is the only option I know of.

I’ll hunt around for a way to access FactSet, good thinking. Maybe a library near home has a subscription. As far as bloomberg, I may as well wait 'till I get back to NYC - it’s pretty unlikely I’ll find a terminal in a library or something out here. If anyone else has ideas, I’m happy to chase them up. NYCGorilla, cheers for your suggestions.

supersad, i’ll meet you in Schwartzman after the new year. I have a crush on you. No bedbugs permitted.

FactSet has the info, not sure what data vendor it is through. In 2008, I used a spreadsheet with FDS codes that pulled short interest data so we could see what shorts might be squeezed as that whole naked shorting thing unravelled. Yeah, that was a sexy time. In my dealings with FS, I have learned that they have a good product, are expensive and generally do not give things away for free. You may be able to get a demo, though. I would ask your new employer if they use it, because they may be able to hook you up with access.

give me a bond you’re looking at and i’ll check it out - BBG has some public access

@Gorilla- Sounds good. I’ll bring Bacardi Breezers and Haagen-Dazs, if I can sneak them past the guards. We can paint each other’s toenails and talk about what in the eff the Fed’s gonna do this year. @brain_wash - Yeah, I’ll check what capabilities the new office has. They’ve doubtlessly got some kind of data feed, it just depends how good it is. @mar350 - I appreciate the offer, but it’s not debt I’m looking at. Itty-bitty foreign stocks, specifically. Thx anyhow.