discount brokers

Does anyone use just2trade.com? Trades are cheap, but the website looks pretty cheap too. Curious if anyone has experience with them.

Haven’t heard of them, but keep in mind (from L3) that explicit trading costs are just the tip of the iceberg. Hope you’ve been well jd.

JD- Unless you’re trading mega hecka actively, most of the known discount brokers (schwab, fidelity, etrade, ameritrade, heck even scottrade) have gotten pretty cheap - $5 to $10 per trade, with pretty good support in terms of tools/customer svc/research. You can certainly find cheaper sites or even free trade ones, but typically in my experience: -They come with no or awful support (try getting help from a human when a trade goes awry or you’ve got a question regarding your statement) -They have a big catch (keep 25,000 in a money market yielding nothing, and trade for FREE up to twice a month!!!!11!!1!!) -Their execution suffers so badly that you’d be better off paying a steeper commission to a firm with decent trading capabilities -They’ve got such a substantial limitation around what you can use them for that they are effectively worthless (i.e. if you’re trading anything other than very liquid U.S.-listed stocks, you’re going to find the going gets tough) Have you tried the well-known ones and had bad experiences? SmartMoney does a survey each year that isn’t half bad, if I recall.