New "JFA" Designation for Financial Analysts

http://www.schweserinstitute.com/jfa.html “The JFA Certificate program is designed for those working in financial analysis and those working for firms involved in financial analysis, investment management, and investment-related activities… Upon mastering the JFA curriculum and passing the JFA Exam, candidates are awarded the JFA Certificate…” "The JFA Exam is a 3-hour proctored examination. There are 120 multiple-choice questions. " “The JFA exam is given twice annually, on the third Saturday of February and the third Saturday of August… The inaugural JFA Exam will be given on August 20, 2011.” APPROXIMATE EXAM TOPIC WEIGHTINGS: Ethical Standards 10% Quantitative Methods 15% Economics 12% Financial Statement Analysis 20% Analysis and Valuation of Equity Securities 5% Portfolio Theory 5% Corporate Finance 8% Structure and Operation of Securities Markets 5% Debt Securities 10% Derivative Securities 5% Alternative Assets 5% ----------- Total 100%

Wendy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > http://www.schweserinstitute.com/jfa.html > > “The JFA Certificate program is designed for those > working in financial analysis and those working > for firms involved in financial analysis, > investment management, and investment-related > activities… Upon mastering the JFA curriculum > and passing the JFA Exam, candidates are awarded > the JFA Certificate…” > > "The JFA Exam is a 3-hour proctored examination. > There are 120 multiple-choice questions. " > > “The JFA exam is given twice annually, on the > third Saturday of February and the third Saturday > of August… The inaugural JFA Exam will be given > on August 20, 2011.” > > APPROXIMATE EXAM TOPIC WEIGHTINGS: > Ethical Standards 10% > Quantitative Methods 15% > Economics 12% > Financial Statement Analysis 20% > Analysis and Valuation of Equity Securities 5% > Portfolio Theory 5% > Corporate Finance 8% > Structure and Operation of Securities Markets 5% > Debt Securities 10% > Derivative Securities 5% > Alternative Assets 5% > ----------- > Total 100% Thought this had to be a joke, but…no. OK, I guess if they want to? I’d be surprised if this gained a lot of traction. CFA’s pretty well regarded and got a strong network of charterholders worldwide. Schweser has… they’ve got… Uhm… Greg Filbeck?

Is CFA Level I > JFA

JFK > JFA > LGA. KGB > CFP > UofP.

This is marketing genius. I can see it now. Dear CFA L1 Candidate, Thank you for purchasing Schweser’s Study Notes. We are very sorry that you were able to take advantage of our re-taker discount. We know how much time and effort you must have put into your studies. Why not leverage that effort and register for The Schweser Institute’s JFA today? Regards, Your Friends at Scheweser

Should I set up a new thread: ‘Which is better CFA or JFA or MBA?’

So if CFA level I > JFA and CFA level I > nothing, where is JFA compared to nothing ?

JFA > JMBA

Viceroy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So if CFA level I > JFA and CFA level I > nothing, > where is JFA compared to nothing ? JFA ~= nothing

don’t forget the QFA: http://www.schweserinstitute.com/qfa.html

Think I have got the solution: CFA = ER MBA = IB JFA = Cheif Executive of IB QFA= Hedge Fund Manger CFA>QFA… but heres the tricky part… QFA

pedpenny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > CFA>QFA… but heres the tricky part… QFA therefore we should all do ACCA, and work in a > supermarket > Working in a supermarket leads to a QB job in the Arena Football League, which leads to a job as a QB in the NFL, which leads to 2 regular season MVP awards, a Super Bowl MVP award, a handful of NFL records, and probably HOF induction.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pedpenny Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > CFA>QFA… but heres the tricky part… QFA > therefore we should all do ACCA, and work in a > > supermarket > > > > Working in a supermarket leads to a QB job in the > Arena Football League, which leads to a job as a > QB in the NFL, which leads to 2 regular season MVP > awards, a Super Bowl MVP award, a handful of NFL > records, and probably HOF induction. Grocery store work > CFA+MBA+NBA+JFA

Stalla or Schweser?

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stalla or Schweser? Stalla for MBA, Schweser for CFA

I just called the 866 number on the site, and it’s Schwesers #. I asked if they started offering this new JFA designation and they had no idea what I was talking about I then asked JFA > CFA, and they said they’ll go check…kept me on hold for too long…hung up

Do I still have to maintain professional and ethical standards if I am a JFA guy? Can I guarantee superior returns? If the answer is No, Yes, there may be a value proposition there! :wink:

sjv1030 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just called the 866 number on the site, and it’s > Schwesers #. I asked if they started offering > this new JFA designation and they had no idea what > I was talking about > > I then asked JFA > CFA, and they said they’ll go > check…kept me on hold for too long…hung up That’s awesome dude, well done.

sjv1030 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just called the 866 number on the site, and it’s > Schwesers #. I asked if they started offering > this new JFA designation and they had no idea what > I was talking about > > I then asked JFA > CFA, and they said they’ll go > check…kept me on hold for too long…hung up Strong due diligence. Nice work. Short JFA and QFA.