Complaint

Anyone else feel like this forum could be so much better than what it is? I mean look at gmatclub.com! I’d be seriously willing to make a donation to fund an effort to make this forum more like what those guys have going on over there. Often times I see great info get lost in the shuffle and people can scream “use search” but it’s far from an ideal solution in my mind. I’ll admit ignorance to how forums work in practice but take a look at the other site, am I alone on this one? It seems like almost every year I see people post discussion of their career aspirations and often mention a heavy IT background so Im fairly confident the community has the necessary skill set needed to put in place some improvements.

The question is: Does Chad listen to posters? Many ideas have been suggested in the past but the dude doesn’t care.

Chad? Say it ain’t so! Can you at least be bought? JOE2010 - I’ll take it your with me. Anyone else? Might be inopportune timing given that espn is already two hours into their pre-pregame superbowl show…

I am with you, but you will need to agree we buy Chad out.

A new version of AnalystForum is in the works. New features will include: - Private Messaging - Member Ratings - Expanded Profiles with Avatars - CFA-related Articles - RSS Feeds - Event Calendar - Weekly Digests

AnalystForum Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A new version of AnalystForum is in the works. New > features will include: > > - Private Messaging > - Member Ratings > - Expanded Profiles with Avatars > - CFA-related Articles > - RSS Feeds > - Event Calendar > - Weekly Digests Hot damn. Nice work, Chad!

Stop banning people! So many good posters have been banned based on one inappropriate comment, or based on a whim.

Cool, in the future can you also make this forum moderated as well?

What about emoticons?

Can we also separate into different forums: Careers Newbs to finance It get’s highly annoying to see pages and pages of “Why can’t I get a really high paying finance job!!!” in the General Forum Please also start banning anyone that starts a “CFA vs MBA” thread…!

AnalystForum Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A new version of AnalystForum is in the works. New > features will include: > > - Private Messaging > - Member Ratings > - Expanded Profiles with Avatars > - CFA-related Articles > - RSS Feeds > - Event Calendar > - Weekly Digests sopoppsopoospoospospopiiii likey!

cmb7 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone else feel like this forum could be so much > better than what it is? I mean look at > gmatclub.com! I’d be seriously willing to make a > donation to fund an effort to make this forum more > like what those guys have going on over there. > Often times I see great info get lost in the > shuffle and people can scream “use search” but > it’s far from an ideal solution in my mind. > > I’ll admit ignorance to how forums work in > practice but take a look at the other site, am I > alone on this one? It seems like almost every year > I see people post discussion of their career > aspirations and often mention a heavy IT > background so Im fairly confident the community > has the necessary skill set needed to put in place > some improvements. So Chad is going to improve the website. How much is your donation?

Muddahudda calling me on the carpet, good man. How much would you think is appropriate?

A forum is only as good as its participants unfortunately.

AnalystForum Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A new version of AnalystForum is in the works. New > features will include: I wish when I typed www.analystforum.com in my browser, it would immediately take me to a single page with a link to each of the major forums: 1) CFA General Discussion 2) CFA Level I Forum 3) CFA Level II Forum 4) CFA Level III Forum 5) FRM Forum (merge all FRM discussion into one forum) 6) CAIA Forum (merge all CAIA discussion into one forum) It currently takes too many clicks to get between FRM, CAIA and CFA forums. And there’s no need for FRM and CAIA to have 3 subforums each; these subforums would be better if they were merged in one forum for each of FRM and CAIA.

I like the buyout idea. Just tell us your goddamn number, Chad!!! Just kidding, bro. Don’t ban my @ss. I’ll volunteer to moderate your place and keep it free from trolls.

AnalystForum Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A new version of AnalystForum is in the works. New > features will include: > > - Private Messaging > - Member Ratings > - Expanded Profiles with Avatars > - CFA-related Articles > - RSS Feeds > - Event Calendar > - Weekly Digests RSS Feeds - yipee !! But request: + We need better display on mobile screens. I can help you here if needed. + Suggest post ratings. Some comments here are worth highlighting and remembering. Also helps to clear out the noise when searching. Again very easy to do, I can help you here. - I am not sure how PM will help this forum. There is an element of frankness on this forum, that will be lost. I may be wrong, but please consider. - Member Ratings - How do you plan to do this? Any member should be as good as his last post. Anyway when’s the release date. Cheers

cfa_bombay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > RSS Feeds - yipee !! > > But request: > > + We need better display on mobile screens. I can > help you here if needed. > + Suggest post ratings. Some comments here are > worth highlighting and remembering. Also helps to > clear out the noise when searching. Again very > easy to do, I can help you here. > > - I am not sure how PM will help this forum. > There is an element of frankness on this forum, > that will be lost. I may be wrong, but please > consider. > - Member Ratings - How do you plan to do this? Any > member should be as good as his last post. > > Anyway when’s the release date. > > Cheers The ratings will be based on the number of AF points a member has accumulated. For example, each post starter will receive 2 points, each response to a post will receive 1 point, inviting a new member will be worth 5 points, if that member joins the referring member will receive 10 points. If another member rates your post with a thumbs up, you will receive another 2 points. The AF ratings will be based on a scale such as this: Rating From To AAA 10000 AA 5000 9999 A 1000 4999 BBB 500 999 BB 250 499 B 100 249 CCC 51 99 CC 25 50 C 0 24 This is all subject to change as development progresses.

Chad provides this forum free to us. Sure it’s a limited layout and design but it’s free. The fact that we’re getting a revamp is amazing. For the record, Chad DID create the Backoffice for pr!cks like me.

Can we have moderators?