Best Investment Research and Trading Tools

What do you all think is the best investment research and trading tool? 1) Bloomberg 2) Thomson One 3) Eikon 4) SNL Financial 5) Factset 6) Others

CFA questions only have 3 answer choices. How are we supposed to figure this one out? :wink: A lot depends on what you’re trying to research (equities? bonds? FX? Implied Volatilities?) and how you do that research (fundamental, technical, sentiment based, etc.)

Let’s say from an equity research perspective.

Ehh… Depends on what space you cover… I use Euromonitor a lot for consumer things…

I’d say Scottrade and Yahoo have pretty strong offerings. I also have the ear of a certain Jim Cramer, and he’s something of an authority in the penny stocks I dabble in. Serious answer: Bloomberg, for equities.

CapitalIQ equities and Bloomberg for fixed income.

Anyone have any insight on the best software option for someone investing with a top-down macro perspective? Think strategic asset allocation. So information on individual securities is not important, nor it trading data. Looking for macro newsflow, strategy/high level research plus historic data for major indices across asset classes. Live prices not important. Cost would also be a consideration. So cheaper than Bloomberg is a plus.