What is so useful of Analyst Forum

I was recommended to visit this site for CFA preparation materials. Other than the forum discussions and the training providers website listed above. I have not seen any value-adding materials here. Any comments?

This site has been useful in helping me decide between CFA and MBA. Also, it has great info about how to transfer from IT in India to FO.

This site has helped me to learn: 1.) the secret to L1 success 2.) How to trade stocks and get alphafied 3.) FO > BO 4.) CFA is worthless in the real world. (Case in point, a bear will maul you whether or not you are a Level I, Level II, or Level III CFA)

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This site has been useful in helping me decide > between CFA and MBA. Also, it has great info about > how to transfer from IT in India to FO. Dude, this is brutally hilarious.

I pick up some good tidbits every once in a while. Sometimes the macro discussions are reasonably interesting. If you want to pass the exams the level forums are excellent for practice and commiserating. I know a ton of random trivia about the CFA exams from here which comes in handy as cocktail conversation. :wink:

When you get closer to exam date, the forum sections devoted to L1, L2, and L3 are really helpful for people asking to clarify an issue or work a problem. Sometimes you are the asker, sometimes you are the solver. You have seen those sections, haven’t you? Level 1 http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/list.php?11 Level 2 http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/list.php?12 Level 3 http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/list.php?13

i gota say guys, as much as i love to be here answering your questions and getting my questions answered… i wish i never signed up lol… for level 1 i studied like a MF, never bothered with what other are doing and i aced it… now i seem to be spending too much time here worrying about what other are doing, or if others are talking about a concept i dont get, and i should be STUDYING… i guess its like derivatives, or fire, could be a great thing, but in the wrrong hands, OUCH

Like bchadwick said, the useful stuff is in the level specific forums.

this site is all about CFA vs. MBA, indian doodes in IT as mentioned above, and disgruntled dreamers thinking passing L1 is the path to i’banking. It pretty much rocks though.

Houjichasan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have not seen any value-adding materials here. clearly you don’t have an mba. ‘value-adding’ doesn’t come from the out here (opens hands) - its comes from in here (closes hands on heart)

Houjichasan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was recommended to visit this site for CFA > preparation materials. > > Other than the forum discussions and the training > providers website listed above. > > I have not seen any value-adding materials here. > > Any comments? I disagree. I learned from pawn that I can make $1M as a third year analyst on wall street. That is value adding material right there. Where else on the web can you find that level of information? The CFA is my ticket to a seven figure income. Plus I have an MBA and we know that CFA > MBA right?

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > and disgruntled dreamers thinking passing L1 is the path to i’banking. …but, but, it is…right? Right???

post your email address we will send you our “top secret success notes”. also if you are around long enough you might learn what the “Secret Sauce” is! Hint: it is not something that goes on a burrito.

We have discovered Fidelity, where the entry level pay easily exceeds $250k, is the dream destination for all financial professionals

Don’t tell him about the “top secret success notes”!!! He could be a Schweser mole!!!

This forum helped me get into University of Phoenix, which I hope will lead me to a successful career as a PM at Fidelity making $3.218 million a year

boston21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This forum helped me get into University of > Phoenix, which I hope will lead me to a successful > career as a PM at Fidelity making $3.218 million a > year Please mention your background as well (IT, selling CutCo knives, etc) so that I may better evaluate my own chances. I currently am employed in food services at a bulge-bracket company (McDonalds). Thank you.

TROLL!! Wow, I’ve never accused someone of that before. Did I do it right?

It should also be noted that AFs usefulness expands to other areas of the business world outside of finance - for example, we recently got an insightful peak into the Marketing machine that is Sundaram Mutual.

> 4.) CFA is worthless in the real world. (Case in > point, a bear will maul you whether or not you are > a Level I, Level II, or Level III CFA) i dono about that…i used to be a runner… now with all the studying, i am at my desk, studying n eating, studying n eating cookies, candy, chocolate, all the sugars i need to keep going by level III i am gona be the BEAR