Canadian SS ER reports

I’ve been glancing at a few Canadian companies w/ sales primarily in the US and that trade on US exchanges. Anyone on here work w/ Canadian companies? Would appreciate some input on the differences to the US. Also curious as to why the price targets on a majority of the reports aren’t rounded… I often see XYZ price target at $15.13 or $58.49, etc…

We set price targets in C$ and Bloomberg will sometimes convert them to US$ at the spot rate from my experience (if you look up the US ticker on Bloomy). If its a Canadian company but reports in US$ and follows US disclosure rules then we generally set a price target in US$.

yeah i don’t know what you’re looking at. all research is usually rounded to the nearest $0.05 for stocks $0-$3, $0.25 for $3-$15 stocks, and $0.50 for $15+ stocks. navs may be to the penny, but analysts will adjust to make it a nice round number. i see maybe 500-1000 reports per year and have never seen one with a target price ending in a 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 or 9.

kcin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > We set price targets in C$ and Bloomberg will > sometimes convert them to US$ at the spot rate > from my experience (if you look up the US ticker > on Bloomy). > > If its a Canadian company but reports in US$ and > follows US disclosure rules then we generally set > a price target in US$. This is probably it. I haven’t looked at the actual report, just the analyst Recs on BB.