Powerpoint Help

Guys I’m about to go crazy over here Problem: When I click a cell in a table in a slide it automatically highlights 2X3 or 3X2 or different sized cells. I hit F8 key but no luck. How can I solve this problem? I have Office 2003 and Windows 7. Can anybody help me with this? Thx

I went ahead and left my capslock on to show you how FREAKING SERIOUS I am about this post. SCENARIO: YOU ARE USING TABLES IN POWERPOINT. PROBLEM: WINDOWS HATES IT WHEN YOU USE TABLES IN ANY PROGRAM EXCEPT EXCEL. THE REST OF THE MSOFFICE SUITE FUNCTIONS LIKE IT HAS A BELLY FULL OF ELMERS GLUE ONCE YOU START USING TABLES. SOLUTION: DO YOUR TABLE/GRAPH WORK IN EXCEL. HIT “PRINT SCREEN” ON KEYBOARD. OPEN MS PAINT. EDIT>PASTE. FINISH EDITING IN MS PAINT. SAVE AS BMP. OPEN PPT DOCUMENT AND IMPORT PICTURE. BAM. I am not kidding when I say that I have ceased using tables in MSword and PPT. They just handle it so badly that I’ve never encountered a situation where my work-around wasn’t better.

^You know you can just copy from excel and paste special -> windows metafile to get excel tables pasted as a picture, right?

@supersadface, Congratulations you’ve won the “MOST INEFFICIENT ANALYST” reward!

When I want to show tables in Powerpoint I also do them in Excel, but then just select the table, hold down the shift key --> click ‘Edit’ on the toolbar and slect “Copy picture” and leave the defaults untouched, then simply paste straight into Powerpoint. No messing about with Paint. “Copy as Picture” is a secret option which only appears if you are holding down the shift key. Weird but true.

@Zesty, I will cherish the title. To be fair, I use ppt almost never. Thankfully, my analysis does not culminate in an effing powerpoint presentation. @newsuper, I have confirmed your method. Very nice. As someone mentioned, in later versions of excel and ppt, you can directly paste screencaps in from other windows, but I don’t have this functionality on my version. Hence, workarounds.

@supersadface, I thought that was the highlight of every analysts career. Making a powerpoint with graphs and numbers; nothing says I’ve arrived like a revenue projection graph! Are you telling me that this is not analyst Nirvana? Please tell me of this paradise you speak of.

Guys, Its better if u save the table in excel. Then select the table and click copy. Go to Power Point slide and hit Paste Special. Select Paste Link. Then select MS Excel Chart Object. If u need to update the table u go to excel and update it and save. then go to Power Point and right click on the table and hit Update Link. This saves u from having to having to start from scratch if u have to change the info on the tables.

Chamarr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guys, > Its better if u save the table in excel. Then > select the table and click copy. Go to Power Point > slide and hit Paste Special. Select Paste Link. > Then select MS Excel Chart Object. > If u need to update the table u go to excel and > update it and save. then go to Power Point and > right click on the table and hit Update Link. > This saves u from having to having to start from > scratch if u have to change the info on the > tables. I hate it when someone sends me a deck with links. It’s all grainy, oddly proportioned, and inevitably has those dumb green error triangles showing

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When I want to show tables in Powerpoint I also do > them in Excel, but then just select the table, > hold down the shift key --> click ‘Edit’ on the > toolbar and slect “Copy picture” and leave the > defaults untouched, then simply paste straight > into Powerpoint. > > No messing about with Paint. > > “Copy as Picture” is a secret option which only > appears if you are holding down the shift key. > Weird but true. That’s how I do it.