Level 1 in December

Hello, So I have been thinking about taking the CFA this December. I have not yet started to study and just started the application process. I wanted to ask, do you think it is a realistic goal to start the process now and sit in December? I feel that it cannot hurt, because if I do not pass in December then I will be better prepared for the exam in June. I have a basic business administration degree from a small liberal arts school. So I have a decent accounting and finance background not by no means specialized. (I have heard that level focuses on basic accounting principals). I plan on purchasing the Kaplan package to help me get a jump start. But I would like to know if this is a realistic goal. All thoughts and opinions are welcome! Thanks,

You’re way behind - a good rule of thumb is to spend 2 years preparing for each level, especially level 1. You might be able to prepare yourself for the December '12 exam, but that could be pushing it. Good luck to you.

dmiller385 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You’re way behind - a good rule of thumb is to > spend 2 years preparing for each level, especially > level 1. You might be able to prepare yourself for > the December '12 exam, but that could be pushing > it. > > Good luck to you. 2 years seems like you wouldn’t leave yourself a lot of time for review. I’d say most candidates start studying in the womb (the really on-track guys study in a past life) and then plan to sit the exam on their deathbed. You really don’t want to rush something like this, y’know? Obviously, we’re being smart@sses. To the OP, calm the heck down. Generally 3-6 months is more than enough time to prepare for any level.

it’s very realistic