Advice on Fin Mod/technique

So I have been working on models again, after some time, and I don’t know how to compare my models to the industry norm in IB/PE now. The last major model I built was the Micro-Yahoo (attempted acquisition) in 2008, and also some future revenue growth model for Yahoo as well. 2008 was a long time ago, then I went to L-school, so haven’t really done much since. I was wondering if anyone knew of a site, or if someone would like to share, where I could find up to date models. Various revenue models, M&A…etc. I would like to compare my templates. I feel as if my models are sort of plain looking. I did go back to my MBA program site, found some there, but again they were very plain, just to teach students the basics. Any ways, any help would be appreciated.

http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~adamodar/

the mark of a good engineer is simplicity in a design just because its complicated doenst mean its good.

@jmh530- Thank you. @builders- I totally agree with you, but I think only good engineers understand that. I am interviewing, and sometimes I show recruiters my models, and I can tell they do not understand it, yet the look on their face is “So…that’s it? Where is the rest of it?” I met with a headhunter and I showed them a yield curve model, and they didn’t understand Duration/Convexity. After a long explanation, which I could tell they didn’t fully comprehend, guess what they asked, “So that’s the whole thing?” In my mind I was thinking, “Are you serious?” That’s the only reason I am asking. For people who don’t understand I think they want to see some bells and whistles. And, it wouldn’t hurt me if I included them.