Security Analysis 1934

Has anyone actually read this cover to cover? I am on page 245 and I believe it is the most often quoted unread book in finance. I am reading it at leisure, rather than as part of my studies.

Dude_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Has anyone actually read this cover to cover? I am > on page 245 and I believe it is the most often > quoted unread book in finance. I am reading it at > leisure, rather than as part of my studies. Read it twice, still try to reread that and ‘the intelligent investor’ about once every year to two years. Both important books in terms of cutting through the chatter and froth and remembering what we’re trying to do when we sit down with a company’s financials and try to value the thing. Also highly suggest Klarman’s book (Margin of Safety) if you can get a copy, as well as some of the other more modern value investing finance books.

Read the whole 2nd and 3rd edition. I sped through the 2nd edition, but read very carefully through the 3rd (although I didn’t read the bond sections very closely). The third edition (1951) was the most useful, I think. Graham’s ideas were most developed by that time. Also read both editions of Intelligent Investor. Again, the 1950 edition is better than the 1974 edition, in my opinion. John Train’s “Money Masters” is an excellent book if you ever get the time. It gives an overview of several famous investors in the past century and covers various different methodologies.