Please help me..i am in a fix!

MBA Finance fresher from an average b school here… i am in a fix regarding which career path to choose. I am so stressed out and drained that i am ready to accept whatever i am coming across as we have very limited GOOD opportunities for freshers over here in India unless you are from extremely good top level B schools. I came across this opening named financial analysis in a company called IRIS. It stated something like this… “Annual reports, quarterly reports, management discussion & analysis are a few of the reports that companies need to file with the regulators / investors. Most companies manually produce these financial reports and hence are faced with issues that are typically associated with manual processes such as high risk of errors, long cycle times and most importantly the lack of a reporting standard. This problem is magnified by the fact that companies function on a global scale and are exposed to investors and regulators from various regions making a financial reporting standard for external and internal reporting a critical requirement. These issues were addressed with the introduction of XBRL, which is short for eXtensible Business Reporting Language. This consortium powerfully connects members representing the entire financial and business reporting supply chain information that is universally open, industry-driven, and internationally endorsed. In simple terms, XBRL is an electronic information supply chain standard for moving financial and business reporting information into an interactive intelligent information format.” what do they mean by analysing financial analysis?? I think its just converting the data into the standard form and structuring it properly to present the financial statements to public. Is it an accounting job or a finance job ?? I am looking forward to CFA as well. Will this experience be entertained by the CFAI? Will CFA be useful if in case this turns out to be an accounting job (Thats for CAs right ?)… I am in a fix! I have a strong desire to make my career into investment banks or corporates… Investment Banks have a difference process so will this experience make it easy to get an entry in investment banks in future ? Any other advices ?? It matters to me a lot… thanks for the time :slight_smile:

So, you’re in a fix?

Everything will be ok as long as you stay calm. OH MY GOD TOO LATE!!!

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Everything will be ok as long as you stay calm. OH > MY GOD TOO LATE!!! LOL

the writing… it burns!

yea he’s in some kind of fix. english fix that is

Your fix needs fixing bro. Send an email to numi, he will help you find a job. Numi - please provide him your email ID

Thanks for the plug, ZeroBonus. You rock! raj.mathur, if your fix needs a fixin’, you can be fixin’ to e-mail me.

That job, if you take it, is not going to help you. There are plenty of finance career opportunities for young guys/gals in india ! just pick one line and stick to it. Make sure you learn and be the best at what you do. I see a lot of idiots with jobs floating around, and I believe there is a good scope for smart guys/gals to replace them. I can understand where you come from - because there is a lack of quality advice for grads in India. Most of the time they are lost (as you are) and do idiotic things (like your post). But happy to guide you. Personally I don’t think too highly for the second and lower tier bscools here, so assuming that you need to start from scratch. CFA Charter may help, but really depends. I’d suggest find your thing first. Do that and then come back, okay?

you should contact the HR at said Company and ask for more details. It sounds like you will be involved in drafting the MD&A, Co overview and other parts of a 10K/Q. Also, if you are not getting anything relevant to your desired profile (i-banking/Equity reserch) i’d suggest you start off with this and the CFA Program. better than jsut sitting around waiting for THE right opportunity (which may not be easy to come by given that you’ve comlptd ur MAB from an avg b-school and dont have the CFA/FRM either)

Too long, didn’t read. Good luck, though.