best answer to

what are your weaknesses?

Watching the clock when I am not challenged. Too harsh on myself/my work. Trying to control every aspect of a project. Being not very detail oriented but rather more focused on the big picture.

Watching the clock when I am not challenged. -So you basically don’t do anything at work. Too harsh on myself/my work. -you can’t make decisions Trying to control every aspect of a project. -you don’t work well with others Being not very detail oriented but rather more focused on the big picture. -you’re careless So what are your strengths?

my gf complains that im not only long but thick too …she gets a bit overwelmed sometimes

Sometimes, I get intense homicidal urges. Generally, it’s under control, but enclosed spaces tend to set them off. Actually, I never realized this room is so small… and this tie is really tight…

pawn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Watching the clock when I am not challenged. > -So you basically don’t do anything at work. > > > Too harsh on myself/my work. > -you can’t make decisions > > > Trying to control every aspect of a project. > -you don’t work well with others > > > Being not very detail oriented but rather more > focused on the big picture. > -you’re careless > > > So what are your strengths? Sh!t son, don’t know if you’re being humorous, but we all know that any weakness you can possibly name can be twisted in a way that makes you look bad. Besides, go in the back office forum to see the dude’s strengths as far as ummm…networking is concerned.

pawn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what are your weaknesses? kryptonite? how can anyone answer these bs questions with a straight face…?

i get bored with work that i know doesn’t matter - that is, i don’t like busy work or pointless projects. i get a decent amount of requests to put together analyses that i know won’t lead to anything, and i end up dragging my feet on them.

justin88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pawn Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > what are your weaknesses? > > kryptonite? how can anyone answer these bs > questions with a straight face…? lol. wonder what the response would be.

I have always found that the best answer to the “what are your weaknesses” question was not the obvious/trite “turn a weakness into a strength” response but rather a brief comment on specific developmental areas – areas for improvement that aren’t necessarily bad or “weak” at their current levels. As someone above pointed out, trying to be “cute” with your answer can reveal the wrong thing about you and leave the opposite of the intended impression. For instance, when I interviewed for my most recent position in public markets (loosely, all liquid investments), I readily acknowledged that I had a beginner’s grasp on the basics of fixed income valuation but that I was working on deepening my knowledge through study (CFA) and also was looking to work with more experienced members of team that I hoped to join. They were fine with that since they didn’t need someone who was an expert in all things. A weakness doesn’t have to be some fault or defect but rather an area that you are good at but want to be better at and are already doing something about it.

pawn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Watching the clock when I am not challenged. > -So you basically don’t do anything at work. > > > Too harsh on myself/my work. > -you can’t make decisions > > > Trying to control every aspect of a project. > -you don’t work well with others > > > Being not very detail oriented but rather more > focused on the big picture. > -you’re careless > > > So what are your strengths? Wow you turned his weaknesses into…weaknesses. Imagine that.

ATH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have always found that the best answer to the > “what are your weaknesses” question was not the > obvious/trite “turn a weakness into a strength” > response but rather a brief comment on specific > developmental areas – areas for improvement that > aren’t necessarily bad or “weak” at their current > levels. > > For instance, when I interviewed for my most > recent position in public markets (loosely, all > liquid investments), I readily acknowledged that I > had a beginner’s grasp on the basics of fixed > income valuation but that I was working on > deepening my knowledge through study (CFA) and > also was looking to work with more experienced > members of team that I hoped to join. They were > fine with that since they didn’t need someone who > was an expert in all things. I like this approach. It’s honest without making yourself sound ‘broken’. Also, especially good if you really can mention something that you’re working on improving.

pawn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what are your weaknesses? your mother

Smithers: What would each of you say is your worst quality? Man 1: Well, I a workaholic. Man 2: I push myself too hard. Homer: Well, it takes me a long time to learn anything, I’m kind of a goof-off… Smithers: Okay, that’ll do. Homer: … a little stuff starts disappearing from the workplace…

pawn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what are your weaknesses? For you I guess taking other peoples answers to pass as your own.

Viceroy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pawn Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Watching the clock when I am not challenged. > > -So you basically don’t do anything at work. - Well, I’m not the boss, if volume is slow on my desk then yeah, there is nothing to do. I have a ton of sideprojects that I’m working on (models, automated spreadsheets, a veritable sh!t ton of reading). > > Too harsh on myself/my work. > > -you can’t make decisions -Trying to decipher what other people want in a constantly changing environment is sometimes tricky. It’s call the Financial Services industry, maybe you’ll see what it’s like one day. > > Trying to control every aspect of a project. > > -you don’t work well with others -No, making sure other don’t fvck up the good work that i’ve done. If one person fails the group fails. > > Being not very detail oriented but rather more > > focused on the big picture. > > -you’re careless -Yep, I do make careless mistakes. > > So what are your strengths? IDK, being employed for one. At least I can pick out where I need improvement. I mean, I guess plagarizing other peoples weaknesses could count as, I dont know, being dishonest.

What are your weaknesses? I tend to ask weak open-ended questions that returns plagiarized self promoting answers from people whenever I give job interviews.

Make sure you sit and ponder for about 30 seconds first so they know you aren’t just giving a scripted answer, but not too long so that it shows you’ve reflected on the topic before.

pawn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what are your weaknesses? Greatest weakness is that I am a perfectionist. Not to the point where it provents me from submitting high quality work within deadlines. However I always feel that I can do better and that feeling often robs me of a sense of accomplishment even when others recognize my contributions

Everyone says they are a perfectionist as the standard weakness answer. I see it a mile off. Doesn’t make it wrong. I’m always tempted to say I don’t interview well (particularly when asked such mundane questions).