Forum 1.0 vs 2.0 - Usage Poll

Let’s give Chad some useful data beyond whether we like 1.0 of 2.0 better. If the site permanently switches to the new version, would your total usage of the site A) Go Up B) Stay Roughly The Same C) Go Down. I’ll go first. C

C and you should D i would never use te site again

C its really freaking me out mannnn

I couldn’t even get a glimpse of the new website. It simply wouldn’t load.

LOUD NOISES!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UplJBQi_0_w

In all seriousness though, I really like 1.0 so: C Would enjoy some of the new features like the post count display, etc.

C. I am thankful that the switch wasn’t made a couple of years ago when I was actually studying for these exams. And you can follow threads with this format. By the way… what happened to our old list of followed threads when we switched to 2.0? They seem to have disappeared with the new version.

C. it was crap this site is simple clean and easy to navigate…thats why it works so well as i said in a previous post…if it aint broke, dont fix it.

C

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCC CCCCCC CCCCCC CCCCCC CCCCCC CCCCCC CCCCCC CCCCCC CCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I was like WTF, so ------------------------------------------------------- > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > CCCCCC > CCCCCC > CCCCCC > CCCCCC > CCCCCC > CCCCCC > CCCCCC > CCCCCC > CCCCCC > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I didn’t come on for a few days after I tried using it for 10 minutes and couldn’t get a page to load. > > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > > CCCCCC > > CCCCCC > > CCCCCC > > CCCCCC > > CCCCCC > > CCCCCC > > CCCCCC > > CCCCCC > > CCCCCC > > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC > > CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

C I like some of the new features, but the site is not as user friendly as the old site. Plus the old site is easier on the eyes.

AF 2.0 wasn’t ready for launch and had too many bugs. If there were a way to implement a “like” function on certain posts as you do on facebook or apply the “AF credits” for experienced posters (sort of like silver bananas on WallStreetOasis) to AF 1.0, that would be amazing. Keep the interface of the forums as easy as possible. With that said, when we moved temporarily to AF 2.0 last weekend, I’d estimate my work productivity to have improved by 10-15 percent.

Ok, I wasn’t wild about the layout, BUT, everytime a website updates there’s always a bunch of complainers until people grew accustomed to it. Yes, I hate change, but in this case, I would say go ahead and institute 2.0 Chad.

there are some bugs to work out (slow, hard to read, lots of errors) and a couple good ideas that didn’t seem to get implemented (a like function), but i agree with black swan. people will complain until they get used to it. it has happened on almost all website updates that i’ve seen - take facebook for example (maybe not the best example), everyone complains about every UI update

B This is still the best CFA prep community… no matter how it looks.

I found it harder to read, but thought I might be able to get used to it. The new features looked good though. I just didn’t like the visual layout that much.

dspapo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > there are some bugs to work out (slow, hard to > read, lots of errors) and a couple good ideas that > didn’t seem to get implemented (a like function), > but i agree with black swan. people will complain > until they get used to it. it has happened on > almost all website updates that i’ve seen - take > facebook for example (maybe not the best example), > everyone complains about every UI update True but Facebook may not be the best example. Everyone I know hates the way they do that, both with the user interface and with privacy policy. They push the boundaries of what people will accept, and then give a little bit. I am not convinced it is the best way of going about things.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I found it harder to read, but thought I might be > able to get used to it. > > The new features looked good though. I just > didn’t like the visual layout that much. Agree, especially the brown colored hyperlinks against a similar colored background.