Stormed out mid of an interview?

My girl friend went to interview at a BB. To start, the moment she sat down with the first interviewer, the interviewer (also a woman) started to say something derogatory, passing judgements before she had a chance to talk: " traders would want to talk to you?!" with disbelief. “Only talked about what you did at XXX” following with a slap on her resume on the desk. (XXX is another BB she used to work for, however, her career accelerated after she left). To conclude “why you would want to come here?!” This is not a question. During the process not one question is asked to evaluate her finance or quantitative or coding skills. After they got her to take an exam, two guys then started to question her what she did on her current role – oh, they were actually very interested in what she did. Still, they seem only interested in getting their questions answered and not evaluting her. What a bad interview experience. These days, IBs are making sure nobody wants to work for them?

yes?

Your username compliments your post.

Why even bother?

I’m sorry but I couldn’t understand a single thing you posted. Can someone translate into english for me? Thanks.

ManMythLegend Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m sorry but I couldn’t understand a single thing > you posted. Can someone translate into english > for me? Thanks. thanks for the contribution, MML. the community is much better because of it downvote (in the new forum)

ManMythLegend Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m sorry but I couldn’t understand a single thing > you posted. Can someone translate into english > for me? Thanks. Haha, I know right?

dspapo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ManMythLegend Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m sorry but I couldn’t understand a single > thing > > you posted. Can someone translate into english > > for me? Thanks. > > > thanks for the contribution, MML. the community > is much better because of it > > downvote (in the new forum) Umm, shouldn’t you be downvoting the OP?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

dmiller385 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it > for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for > men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 > pounds? LOL BTW, agreed MML

dmiller385 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it > for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for > men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 > pounds? I like lift the weight, more weight better. I like live long life, 4 me and 4 you. I have one chance, you too. More weight, more muscle. But how long? Some say 20 minute, some say 40. Which better? You help me, I love you long time.

well if that’s how people in the office behave, who would want to work there anyway. I had my share of horrendous interviews. One I went to had 2 guys, one guy stared at me with a dead blank zombie stare for the entire hour, his co-worker stared down at my resume nearly the whole time. So who would you make eye contact with? the zombie or the not-paying-attention guy?

I tried entering the original post into Google Translate and my computer exploded.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I tried entering the original post into Google > Translate and my computer exploded. Make sure it’s set from “QQQBee” to “English”. Should be in ‘advanced options’. You may have to download something off Google Labs for that language pack.

lol, I laughed my A@@ off at all the funny comments! I especially cracked up at “I love you long time”, lol

stupid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > To conclude “why you would want to come here?!” > This is not a question. my head hurts

I never did, but I was tempted once. It was a day of 8 consecutive interviews with people, and this was the first guy on the list. This guy was so aggressive with some kind of axe to grind with me on really technical stuff. At first, I was unsure of whether I had the right answer, and he started telling me I was an idiot and didn’t know anything. Then he started doing it on some topic where I KNEW I had it right, and then I fired back, telling him he didn’t know what he was talking about. I later looked his name up and found he was a risk manager for mortgages at Countrywide, which would explain the enormous chip on his shoulder. This was the same company that had me there for 8 hours of interviews via videoconference and never thought to give me lunch (or even some time to go get lunch). They did think to bring me a coffee at one point. This wasn’t designed to be a stress interview either… they just plain didn’t think about it. Funny thing, this was a risk management position.

so did your gf storm out in the middle of the interview? I had a crappy experience like this at bberg. i really wanted to storm out, but my would-be manager was there and I liked him. They brought in this ‘quant’ who according to linkedin didn’t finish his 4 year degree (???) and he acted like he absolutely hated my guts from the moment he walked in. he was rude, combative and stared at me with his eyes burning with hatred. I really think I should have just made my apologies to the very nice manager and said something like, Thanks so much for the opportunity, but clearly, this guy does not want me here and it seems that there’s more to this than meets the eye…

dmiller385 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Your username compliments your post. Where is the irony in this post?

hehehe