DOW & SP down big for Mon open

http://www.cnbc.com/id/17689937/site/14081545/ Dow Futures down near 300!

PtrainerNY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > http://www.cnbc.com/id/17689937/site/14081545/ > > Dow Futures down near 300! This is getting fun!!!

Is the swiss franc the only thing people are buying? The move on the 10 year yikes. Maybe I was wrong on my short-term call on the USD/CAD, didn’t expect the USD to get sold off this fast.

adehbone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is the swiss franc the only thing people are > buying? > The move on the 10 year yikes. > > Maybe I was wrong on my short-term call on the > USD/CAD, didn’t expect the USD to get sold off > this fast. Jim Rogers was on CNBC the other day pumping the hell out of the Franc.

i have traded 70 emini S&Ps thus far… vol is great…+2 limit -5 stop loss set 8 ticks below mkt, bias is long. got stopped out once thus far…we will probably close higher on monday close…

I hope not. I want to see this market get crushed so I can load up at some amazing levels.

ManMythLegend Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hope not. I want to see this market get crushed > so I can load up at some amazing levels. Amen! I wait for that moment eagerly. Not sure it will happen now. But our time will come. The powers that be will do everything in their power to juice itup.looking for news outofeurope before Europe opens.

C3Po Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ManMythLegend Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I hope not. I want to see this market get > crushed > > so I can load up at some amazing levels. > > > Amen! I wait for that moment eagerly. Not sure it > will happen now. But our time will come. The > powers that be will do everything in their power > to juice itup.looking for news outofeurope before > Europe opens. Smells like a bear trap to me.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the market finishes in positive territory.

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wouldn’t be surprised if the market finishes in > positive territory. I don’t know if I can trust a man that thinks the Australian market is a lagging indicator.

ManMythLegend Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > former trader Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I wouldn’t be surprised if the market finishes > in > > positive territory. > > I don’t know if I can trust a man that thinks the > Australian market is a lagging indicator. ^^^Lol

S&P Futures opened down 2.5% this weekend. As I post, they’re still down, but only 61 bps. That feels a bit better as I get some shuteye.

I blame Bush for my losses.

WTF Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I blame Bush for my losses. Maybe you should shave.

I want it to be down, for selfish reasons, but I have a feeling this is a nonevent.

ManMythLegend Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WTF Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I blame Bush for my losses. > > Maybe you should shave. Wax. Who can focus on markets when everytime you sit down for a nice meal it feels like you’re eating a spiders nest in some sort of shrub.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > S&P Futures opened down 2.5% this weekend. As I > post, they’re still down, but only 61 bps. That > feels a bit better as I get some shuteye. Darn, that was a bad print. But at least I got some sleep!

I’ve be absolutely thrilled if the market falls another 20-30%.It has been somewhat of a nightmare finding decently priced stocks at the previous levels.

I got out of the market, essentially, on July 29th, and added to my gold positions late last week. I’ve been relieved that those proved to be very good decisions, but it’s hard to be happy as you are watching millions of people losing their shirt. It reminds me of how the Nobel Prize winner Amartya Sen said that in the last 150 years, there has never been a famine in a country with a reasonably free press. Someone comes up to him and says “So you must be really happy about the famines in North Korea and Cuba.” He says (something along the lines of): “I may be correct in my analysis, but that doesn’t mean I’m happy about the famines.” We are all interconnected. We shouldn’t be too happy about the fact that lots of people are getting slaughtered out there. You may be a great portfolio manager, but if no one has any money to invest with you, you may starve along with them.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got out of the market, essentially, on July > 29th, and added to my gold positions late last > week. I’ve been relieved that those proved to be > very good decisions, but it’s hard to be happy as > you are watching millions of people losing their > shirt. It’s not that hard to watch. I don’t have any sympathy for people who are fully invested and think the market will go up into perpetuity. I understand people have 401k’s and the options are limited but there is always cash if you feel a sell-off is imminent.