Steve Jobs out

Just hit the wires - he will be missed. What happens with AAPL tomorrow? http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904875404576528981250892702.html?ru=yahoo&mod=yahoo_hs

AAPL down 5.2% right now. Should be a goodbuying opportunity tomorrow.

End of an era.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > AAPL down 5.2% right now. > > Should be a goodbuying opportunity tomorrow. Why does everyone love this company? They don’t do anything that 10 other companies can’t replicate. Granted they did a great job of building a platform, particularly with iTunes, but anyone who thinks this is sustainable is crazy.

I love the company actually. Very well run and innovative all that jazz. And I buy the products. I think that is why most people like it. Pure lucky timing I sold the stock last week around $380. Can love the company without loving the stock.

If it is so easy why isn’t everyone else doing it? AAPL is even killing the PC companies like HP.

mp3bu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why does everyone love this company? They don’t > do anything that 10 other companies can’t > replicate. Granted they did a great job of > building a platform, particularly with iTunes, but > anyone who thinks this is sustainable is crazy. hint: > replicate.

Personally, I think their products are great. A firm that really grasps industrial design.

Depending on pre-market action, will put my limit orders in Disclosure: I am long AAPL

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I love the company actually. Very well run and > innovative all that jazz. And I buy the products. > I think that is why most people like it. I actually agree. I’ll most likely be a buyer in the next couple weeks.

Shucks, there goes my favorite example of firm-specific risk.

I don’t think that Jobs is as instrumental to Apple success as he once was, and as such I think that tomorrow will bring a good buying opportunity. Google does have Android, but the iPad is the only successful tablet on the market so far, their market share in computers is doing well, and they are arguably the best company when it comes to consumer marketing. I wouldn’t bet against Apple, at least not until they show signs of slowing down. I am long Apple and plan on buying more tomorrow if the open drop is big enough.

Well, Apple products are great and all, but do you really think that from a fundamental perspective, it’s really the most valuable company in the US?

If you go by enterprise value, Apple isn’t the most valuable company. It has zero long-term debt. Pretty impressive. Maybe that alone is a good reason to buy.

He will be missed :frowning:

What an economy! Even Apple is now Jobsless!

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What an economy! Even Apple is now Jobsless! +1. great sense of humor

boooo…

smuggycfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What an economy! Even Apple is now Jobsless! > > +1. great sense of humor Word on the street is that the resignation letter we keep seeing is photoshopped. Resignation_Letter v1.0 just said “iQuit”.

Ha ha! iLuvIt! Has Apple trademarked the lower case i yet?