CFA status

If I have passed level 3, but dont have the work experience yet, how should I display this on linkedin. Think this may have been discussed here before, but cant find the thread.

I’m pretty sure the curriculum covers this situation exactly,

^Yes. Make sure that you do it right, because your basic LinkedIn profile can be viewed by anyone.

Charter pending

You could probably get away with “Charter pending”, as that’s the status that the CFAI shows on their website for candidates that have passed L3. Though, the CFAI has also specifically stated that even L3 passers may not identify themselves as “Charter pending”. According the CFAI, the phrase we’re supposed to use is this awkward one… “Joe Blow has passed all three levels of the CFA exams and may be eligible for the CFA charter upon completion of the required work experience.”

There is a post on that on the CFAI website on “How to display status on Linkedin”: http://www.cfainstitute.org/utility/social/Pages/linkedin_status.aspx Paul

yes it shows on the website, but not for l3 passers without experience I believe

HONORS AND AWARDS: • Passed CFA Level III exam, June 2011. or • Passed all three levels of the CFA exams.