CFA Salaries - Pay Scale as of 18/12/2011 US

The data suggests the salary range of Chartered Financial Analysts from $34,906 - $116,703. The bonuses are from $1,454 - $41,217. The Profit sharing is from $23.49 - $28,118. This results in Total Pay ranging from $37,477 - $139,591.

For details visit

The CFA Experience: Salary for Chartered Financial Analyst (in US as of 18 Dec. 2011)

Eh, that website is blocked in my work. Is this 25/75 percentiles? Also, what geographic region?

Sample size of 151 individuals? And, this is from a random blogspot page? Anyone remember that dude on here about a year ago that kept asking us stupid survey type questions? This is probably where our responses ended up.

37k is the bottom range for CFA holders? Clearly the CFA charter isn’t adding any value there.

I would actually be more concerned about that top range…

no way that is at all accurate…

Doesn’t look accurate to me either. Half the page doesn’t render in my browser (IE) either (but the ads do).

2007 survey: http://www.cob.unt.edu/firel/liu/invest/Supporting%20Materials/CFApay2007.pdf I know there’s a more recent one, I just can’t find it.

The snapshots were taken from www.payscale.com as of date 18/12/2011. They were just shared on the blog the actual source is payscale.com. I don’t have any solid grounds to form opinion about payscale.com. Just thought to share.

False. Certainly not in the US…

Consensus on the forum appears to say that these figures are inaccurate. Anecdotally, what would you guys estimate?

The highest paid CFA has at least one more comma than $140K max in that ‘data’. To be a Charterholder you have to have what, 4 years qualified work experience? Anybody with charter qualifying experience in the US that has been doing there work for 4 years making less than 60-70K / year would be an extreme outlier to me. Taking into account (my guess) that the average charterholder is probably more like 40 than 30, I’d guess average total comp of 200-250K (or more) with a median around 120K (in the US). Younger ones making less, some making 7-8 figures.

And to further discredit this study, any ‘research’ that lists CFA Charterholders with less than one or 1-4 years experience is instantly regarded as borderline worthless - as you can’t be awarded a charter without 4 years experience, this garbage becomes even more blatantly rubbish.

Agree with you, JCole but I wonder if people in semi-finance jobs bring down statistics (e.g., CFA in hr consulting,recruiting)?