work experience - sales

I’m moving into a new role which sells bloomberg/reuters terminals to fixed income clients.

On a daily basis, i’ll be facing clients as well as working alongside the different asset class experts.

Would this constitute relevant experience for cfa?

with that description, i dont think so.

Lindsay Janis and Dominick Chu would be HF managers by now.

You’re selling Reuters AND Bloomberg terminals? Explain how this works…

I’m going to say definitely no

• Evaluating or applying financial, economic, and/or statistical data as part of the investment decision-making process involving securities or similar investments, which includes, but is not limited to, publicly traded and privately placed stocks, bonds, and mortgages and their derivatives; commodity-based derivatives and mutual funds; and other investment assets, such as real estate and commodities, if these other investment assets are held as part of a diversified, securities-oriented investment portfolio; or

• Supervising, directly or indirectly, persons who practice such activities; or

• Teaching such activities

• Directly involved in the investment decision-making process

• Engaged in responsibilities and/or producing a work product that informs or adds value to that process

I have seen quite a few in that industry who are CFA charterholders… So i was wondering how it was obtained.

Perhap it could fall under “Engaged in responsibilities and/or producing a work product that informs or adds value to that process”? or “Supervising, directly or indirectly , persons who practice such activities;”.

It consists of heavy interaction with front office externally, and internally with the product/software developers, financial modellers, and asset class experts to tailor solutions to specific asset class requirements (which requires indepth knowledge of that asset class).

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Perhaps you could ask CFAI?

My feeling would be no. I suspect if anyone doing the job with the charter did something else beforehand which met the criteria.