Quiet?

Anybody else think it’s pretty quiet on AF these days compared to a few years ago?

What do the stats say Chad, are there less posters on AF these days or is it just me? Even browsing through the LIII forum it looked a bit slow.

Partly due to this new light background (it is kiling my eyes)

definitely light…i personally feel the site got too complicated to navigate…

…chirp…chirp…

The traffic is definitely WAY down compared to 2008-2009 when I was taking the exams, and it probably has been down for the past 2 years. On a typical day this close to the exam, there would be a full page of new or updated messages every couple hours. I would start studying after work and have about 3 pages of new questions and practice problems to go through. Today the L3 forum isn’t even 1 page deep. In fact, the only multi-page post on the L3 forum is a bump from 2009…

I think the simplicity was the second best thing about this site, it was just easier to navigate and without all the clutter (think Google vs. Alta Vista). Still this is way better than that Beta version that was put out a year ago.

The main thing that is probably missing now is the quanity of people who come on here to answer questions, and throw out other exam-related topics for debate/discussion. I used AF as one of my main study tools and made a point to answer as many questions as possible. This might still be happening, but definitely not to the same extent as before.

Definitely quieter than when I went through the program (started in 2008). As you say McLeod81 the boards used to be flying with new questions and comments. I would get to work and find 20 or 30 new posts, no matter what forum (though particularly LI).

Perhaps its cyclical and new generation of AF’ers will find the site and make it their own, but definitely, it’s quieter than it used to be…

The markets were volatile at the time and all kinds of crazy news were coming out every hour. The Dow would move hundreds of points every hour. At least half the posts were discussing the market.