CFA Denial from exam

Hello guys !

I think, there is some thing wrong in evealuating my application. I got below mail from CFA. I replied them there must be some mistake i answered No to all the below questions not sure how it came as yes on system. I wonder what will happen now…

We note the disclosures you made in response to questions #1-#4 on the Professional Conduct Inquiry form which ask: 1. Suspension: Are you currently, or within the last five years have you been, the subject of disciplinary action by a regulatory organization or judicial court that resulted in a temporary suspension from:participation in the financial services markets ORassociation with a financial services institution? 2. Expulsion: Are you currently, or within the last five years have you been, the subject of disciplinary action by a regulatory organization or judicial court that resulted in a permanent or indefinite suspension from:(a) participation in the financial services markets OR(b) association with a financial services institution? 3. Prohibitions and Restrictions: In the last five years, has a regulatory organization or judicial court denied you trading privileges or prevented you from: Trading on a securities or contract market, ORActing as a person required to be registered under a law or regulation, ORActing as an affiliated person or employee of a financial services institution? 4. Convictions: In the last five years, have you been convicted of a crime punishable by less than one year in prison or jail (or otherwise defined as a misdemeanor) involving lying, cheating, stealing or other dishonest conduct?Have you ever been convicted of a crime punishable by one year or more in prison or jail (or otherwise defined as a felony)?

In accordance with the CFA Institute Board of Governors’ established policy regarding criteria for admission into the CFA Program, the conduct disclosed by you on the Professional Conduct Inquiry form disqualifies you from participation in the December 2012 CFA Study and Examination Program. If you have reason to believe there are exceptional or unusual circumstances that warrant further review of your enrollment by the Professional Conduct Program, you may submit an appeal of the denial decision. If you choose to submit an appeal, it must be submitted in writing and received by the PCP within twenty (20) days from the date of this letter. Please refer to the attached “CFA Program Applicants Appeal Q & A” for more information regarding the appeal process. If the PCP does not receive a written appeal of the denial decision within twenty (20) days of the date of this letter (by 19 August 2012), the denial of your CFA Program enrollment will be final and you will have waived all rights to further review of the matter by the PCP. The appropriate application fee will be returned to you. You may reapply to the CFA Program when you have no disclosures (no “yes” responses) to the eight questions contained on the Professional Conduct Inquiry form.

Is it safe to assume that you were telling the truth when you answered “No” to each of the questions?

1 Like

yes…but now what should i do…i mailed them back saying it may be mistake …i am sure i answered no to all the answers

I would try calling them as well. It should be as simple as letting them know that a “Yes” answer was a mistake.

Yes, I mailed them a letter, where i answered it again and apologise for mistake

Dear Mr. XXX This email confirms your registration for the CFA Program. Congratulations: you are now a CFA candidate. Be sure to use the same username and password you created during your registration process when accessing the My CFA candidate dashboard

Finally phew :slight_smile:

See, told you it would be relatively easy. Congratulations and welcome to the end of easy.

One long and hard journey is going to start, bro. But to be honest, I loved it. I don’t know whether I’ll feel the same way when L3 results are announced next week.

1 Like

haha!

when i first read the thread subject header, i thought it was from qqqbee…

My thought exactly

Hey,

I received a similar email today denying my registration for the Level I exam. I am writing a letter to the Professional Conduct Program right away. (Selecting ‘Yes’ was a stupid inadvertent error on my part.)

I know this post is six months old (:D) but it would help me calm down if you could tell me how long it took before they re-accepted your registration from the time you sent them the review request email.

Thank you!

LOL. If only, right?

judging by orginal message date (July 30), the notice saying that there is 20 days to respond (Aug 19) and a follow up post on July 31st saying the decisions was reversed I would guess it was 1 day.

Well, I received a registration confirmation email in a couple of hours after I sent the review request. Those were a scary few hours for me (:D). Incorrectly filling that form is definitely one of the silliest mistakes I ever made and it almost cost me 1200 USD. CFA Institute has always been quite prompt in replying to queries and did not let me down this time around either. Kudos to the CFA Institute!

Hey,

I am an undergraduate and even i filled incorrect response for the 1st question of the 8 questions.

I mailed them an appeal saying that it was a silly mistake on my part and asked them to reconsider my application. I even attached scanned copies of my passport and college identity card to prove that i am a student. Is this enough ??? or Do I need to do something more.

How likely are my chances of getting through??

How many days its gonna take for them to reply??

Jesus, don’t you guys read what you’re submitting?

Lol.

This thread is hillarious. I’m glad it’s working out for you guys though, it’d be less funny without the good outcomes.

Hi, I´m kind of in the same spot here. Got a email telling me that my applicationly for the exam was denied because I gave a wrong answer. Would you happen to have a draft of your letter you sent to them requesting to change your error? I just want have a feeling what the general content should be.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Hi, I´m kind of in the same spot here. Got a email telling me that my applicationly for the exam was denied because I gave a wrong answer. Would you happen to have a draft of your letter you sent to them requesting to change your error? I just want have a feeling what the general content should be.

Thanks in advance for your reply.