Please people, I need your advice.

Hello everyone, I am starting the CFA Level 1, and I have like no prior knowledge of finanace, not a bit. I am afraid that it may cause problems. Guys, please give me solution how to get a good grasp of the topics and how to manage this course. I am planning to give the june CFA L1 exam because december is no good for me. And please anyone tell me do i need to do any prior reading before starting the course ? And what is the deal between FRM and CFA… which is better ? Please tell… I need advice very badly.

Avoid FRM. Study and finish your CFA first.

Put in 400-500 hours of real study and you should be fine.

your english seems good enough. you should be fine

^Iteracom you are mean

Anyone can pass the CFA exams. Just read the books and do a lot of practice questions. It’s not different from any other test you’ve taken in your life.

Out of curiosity, what is your plan after passing the CFA exam?

I’m gonna bet he has an IT/engineering background and is trying to break into finance.

well you have a ton of time. You could even afford to read all of the CFAI books…

seriously though. Read all the material at least once and do a ton of practice problems/mock exams. Once you can consitently get 70% or better I would say you are ready

OP, the CFA will not get you a job in finance

Yes, I am from engineering background (IT )… You got that right… I am planning to complete two levels of CFA and after that MBA from a good university… And then to complete CFA L3 meanwhile…

+1