Schweser Feedback - level 1 December 2012

It goes without saying the higher you score on the practice tests the greater one’s chances of passing - however, to those of you that used the Schweser practice exams, AND PASSED level 1, what were you scoring on the practice exams headed in to the real exam? Did anyone pass the ACTUAL exam scoring less than 65% 70% 75%, etc. Thanks for the feedback - sorry for the caps. well… not really.

The results aren’t out for the December Level 1 exam yet. This will have to wait until late January I am afraid mate.

I was hoping for feedback from someone that sat June 2012, or previously.

I don’t know what the December exam was like. But I passed the Schweser mock exams and the CFA mock exams scoring 80%-90% regularly. I thought they were relatively straightforward. The June 2012 level 1 exam though…I honestly walked out feeling 50/50 about my prospects (it was that much harder) and luckily I passed with above 70% on all the sections except for quant. Hope that helps!

thank you serious

I did about 3 Schweser mocks. I think the first one was 68% or so. Then it got up to mid-80’s.

I passed with all 70+ except in port mgmt (50-70)

I asked the same question in another thread but did not get many replies. I read the CFAI curriculum in its entirety but I would like to know if adding Schweser notes and Qbank to my study plan add any value ?

Thanks

I’ve been preparing for the June 2013 Level 1 Exam for two months with both the CFAI text and Schweser notes and have found it difficult to read both and still stick to my study schedule. I quickly abandoned my noble attempt to read both the curriculum and notes cover to cover, but I still work through both sets of examples and review problems. There is definitely value in the Schweser study supplements, but you’ll probably want to consider what fits best for your schedule and preparation style.