CFAI launches new program on Jan 9, 2013 - Claritas

CFAI just launched this program.

Check it out…

http://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/claritas/Pages/index.aspx

This is for people that aren’t able to pass the CFA exams.

It’s just a money-spinner for the institute. I really hope it doesn’t dilute the charter

They should really think twice about this.

Claritas sounds like an allergy medication, or maybe a cheap wine.

“The multiple choice, computer-based exam can be taken at your convenience at available test centers around the world.”

I can’t believe my eyes… Is it really CFAI? :wink: Once I see they intend to hold this exam 2+ times a year, I will deem it a miracle… :wink:

Given that it is a certificate, I’m assuming there is no work-experience requirement, correct?

Actually, I think this program might be useful. A lot of non-analysis people don’t need to know all the CFA material. However, there is a list of academic finance material which falls under the category of “if you don’t know this stuff, you just suck”. This program is for that second type of knowledge.

This actually helps the CFA designation as the Claritas certificate can be used as a marketing tool and bring more of the people in the non institutional space aware of the CFAI programs.

At the end, people who take the Claristas exams will realize they will need to get the CFA designation if they want to become more indept into investments and in the institutional space.

It’s only confusing for people who don’t know anything about the CFA programs to get confused, but who the heck cares about them. They are the same people who won’t know about the CFA Programs to begin with.

This might be a way for the CFAI to tap into the more retail space.

they should have named it CFA mini

There’s already CFA mini

John Smith, CFA Level 1 Candidate

John Smith, CFA Level 2 Candidate

John Smith, CFA Level 3 Candidate

I actually think it’s a good certificate since CFA pigeon holes you in asset management/ER. Might be good to combine CFA/Claritas.

I wonder if that’s the certificate where you can claim superior performance?

To my fellow Canadians:

Doesnt this seem very CSC-esque?

because it sounds too much like Claritin, which is an allergy medicine lol

Yes it does.

You don’t know much about this, do you L1 candidate? CFAs are everywhere, and if you don’t like the self described pigeon hole, why pursue it?

This is BS. Will def dilute the charter. Im quitting.

I think this good to have this kind of study for people who work in finance industry e.g. In back office

No, it does not have the CSC’s functions.