!!! Hey guys pls help I Need Ur Urgent Advice !!!

So, here is my matter - I am about to apply for internship (I will register till 21th of August for sure) and I want to add to my resume and describe on my motivational letter that Now I prepare for CFA 1-December (I haven’t enrolled for exam yet) because it would be for me really huge privilege.

What do you think it is right or I shouldn’t add ??? thanks for comments in advance…

Mention it only if you are currently studying – if I were interviewing you for an internship I’d quiz you to see how involved you really were. If you haven’t done any studying, don’t bother mentioning it.

Worst case scenario, the interviewers will at least know that you understand what the CFA is, and if you are a coffee-gophering student, that could provide a leg up over some stamp-licker who wants to tell me he knows about finance because of the DDM model or CAPM or some other basic Finance 101 sh!t, but whose finance professors that have never ever had skin in the game didn’t educate the kid on what the CFA Charter was.

Just be sure to be humble and inquisitive when you address your involvement – there’s nothing worse than some young buck walking around, talking about these exams but not having actually sat for anything yet. And don’t call yourself a “candidate” until you are officially registered and paid to sit for the exam.

sure I will not write “candidate”. but i will be very soon. thank that was really helpful and interesting :slight_smile:

writing “candidate” without officially registering is a direct violation of CFAI rules.

Saying that you are a CFA Level 1 candidate means absolutely nothing–except that you shelled out $1000 for a test, and that you have 90 college credit hours.

Saying that you passed Level 1 doesn’t mean a lot more. That just says that you know all the basic stuff that a college grad with a BBA in finance should know. Level 1 is the entrance exam. It’s the application for admission.

I do think that if you passed Level 2, then you have something worth mentioning.

I think you can write what you had planned, it demonstrates a level of commitment and if i were interviewing you I would see it as a plus.

Good luck!

Bravo.

Yep. Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face. --Mike Tyson

It shows you have a plan that is (presumably) appropriate for the industry you are targeting and know something that you ought to be doing.

The first time I was in an interview and said that I’d started the CFA program, the guy told me that he thought it was a very good idea for me to do that. It wasn’t a hiring interview, but he thought it was a smart decision nonetheless. If your guy thinks it’s a smart decision, that can work in your favor. But if Greenman is the guy on the other side of the desk, maybe it works against you.

People who are charterholders will tend to look favorably on those who are enrolled in the program. At the very least, it subconsciously validades their past decisions, and it also gives people some sense that they know where they are coming from.

Since you haven’t passed any levels of the exam, don’t expect it to work miracles (even if you have passed a few levels, you probably shouldn’t expect miracles), but it can help on the margins.

Maybe skim over the program and be able to talk about what parts look challenging or less challenging for you, so if you are asked about the exam, you at least have something to say beyond “I’m planning to sign up for it.”

thanks yes

thanks for all comments I got the answer for my question and will do my best to pass an interview… smiley