CFA Program and Testosterone levels

I had my annual check up this year scheduled for Monday after exam day. I suspected that my T levels might be low (due to stress from exam prep) so I asked for this lab work. The results came back below range. Has anyone else experienced low T levels in the CFA Program? Any reasonable suggestions to reduce/manage stress?

Could be age also.

Ask Lance Armstrong how to raise it.

Seriously, do more exercise, it will get back to normal.

Its only level 1 of the program, what would happen when you do levels 2 & 3 and in real world.

Feck, I think I was missing one of my testicles after I walked out of the L2 exam. I think I’m still missing it.

It could be a number of things. Your age, diet, do you smoke etc. Start working out (big muscle excersises) but if this doesn’t work there are some supplements your doctor should recommend.

I think you’re spanking it too much bro. Read this

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/water-cooler/91323266

Mine dropped too when I was sitting for level II. When I got mine tested, b/c I was feeling weak, my results came back below range, 298 ng/dl, and Free T was way low. After the Level II exam I resumed normal sleep, diet and exercise and my T rose back up to over 500 ng/dl, in the mid-normal range, and Free T was in the upper to normal range. I also had varicoceles which I am sure was affecting things, which has since been fixed.

Stress, diet & sleep are huge factors that contribute to your T levels. You produce the majority of your T while you sleep so if you are getting less than 8 hours of sleep then your T will be low. Also, the stress hormone Cortisole interferes with T levels so if you have a lot of stress your T will be low. When I was studying, I was constantly stressed out with studying, work, and family, so I am sure my cortisole was sky high, and I was going to bed each night at 1am and waking up at 6am, which raises cortisole as well.

Try to raise your T naturally by lowering your stress level, get more sleep, have more sex, and get plenty of exercise. Also, check to see if you have a varicocele, because 1/5 guys has them and they affect T production. If you start waking up with morning wood again and your sex drive increases, that is a good indication that your T levels are coming back to normal.

Doesn’t stress increase T in some people?

I don’t think so, if you are referring to prolonged stress. Stress is the slow killer. Cortisole and T have an inverse relationship. Now fight or flight mode stress might give a boost in T. Also it has been reported that winning sporting events gives a boost in T. Maybe that is good stress.

Take some andriol and you’ll be back in black, back on track.

Listen to Palacio. He knows.

bunch of pussies. go for a run and suck it up

I think my stress level just dropped I have been laughing so hard at this one…

Try adding some grass fed beef or free range eggs to your diet. A little extra saturated fat isn’t bad for you (when it comes from “natural” sources) and can help boost testosterone production in the body as well.

How low are we taking here? The problem with most doctors is that they’ll look at the range of “normal” but not adjust it for age. For example, 400ng/dL is within the “normal” range but way too low for a guy in his mid to late 20’s.

Lift weights and have more sex, should get you back on track.

^ also remember that your levels will fluctuate. Sleep and removal of stress are the most important factors. Also, heavy weight exercise that focus on large muscle groups, like squats, cleans deadlifts, will increase T.

Test ethanate 1000 mg a week with Anavar orals and an occasional shot of tren, you’ll be fine…

Yeah, if you take Testosterone, your testicles will stop working and shrink up. If you are < 40 years old, chances are it is a life style issue that is killing your T.

LOL. Uh, no.

Guys,

Did you know Plastic toxins can kill of T levels (and raise estrogen levels)?

http://dangerandplay.com/2012/11/18/mens-health-plastic-water-bottles-lower-testosterone/

Be safe y’all.( PS- If you already didn’t realize I am an anti- plastic crusader lol)