CFA Charter Queries

Hi ALL!! I am a CFA qualified. It will be very kind of of you if you can elaborate on the following two queries as well: 1. Some has told me that in order to get the charter I need to have signatures from two charter holders. Is this information true? 2. How CFA institute will verify our work experience? I have worked for two different employers, so shall they verify from each. I also have heard that verification is done on random basis. Does that all hold true? 3. In how much time I can have the charter, once I have applied for it. Thank You and hope to hear from you soon. Regards, Nabigha

I"ll answer your questions if you answer mine:

#1 - Did you pass Level 3 in 2013?

#2 - If you did, how do you know you passed the day before results come out?

EDIT - I just saw in another thread that you passed in 2011.

well since he answered your questions, what are your answers to his questions? I’m curious as well

Have to get letters from recommendation from either (A.) One charterholder and one non-charterholder, or (B) Three non-charterholders.

Not really sure, but I’ve heard that very little verification is actually done. And if you’re certain that it qualifies, then I wouldn’t sweat it.

Again, I’m not sure. I’ve heard that it takes a couple of months for CFAI to complete the process once you’ve done your part of the paperwork.

^ Perfect, thanks so much!!

The difficult part is framing your job description to closely match CFAI’s requirements. Plenty of stories of people who had to submit on multiple occasions as their work experience was not deemed to make the grade. The key is to talk in CFAI terms - link your work experience to the material and the LOs and you will get through.