"Age-cheat" in exam registration

Hey guys, just wanna see if anyone has any insight into this issue. Recently, several friends inquired me about the registration process for level 1, and some of them are undergrads in their sophomore or junior years. Since a college student is only able to register for level 1 within 18 months before he gets his anticipated diploma, I am wondering what if someone cheats on this in order to be permitted for early registration? Say, a sophomore claims that he is graduating in one year when he fills the application form and then he will be able.to register for level 1 (which is possible as someone has tried playing around with the online application and found it worked). Any consequency for this? Will it eventually be caught when he applies for the charter several years later (suppose he will survive all three exams first, of course)?

UPDATE: I think there are probably some misunderstandings here. For those who are blaming me for cheating, please read my questions carefully. I have passed all the exams already and have done everything in a definitely ethical and legal way. I am just raising a hypothetical question above, and I definitely know that is a violation of the code and standards. I don’t think there is any problem about raising this sort of questions cuz they might be quite practical as counterexamples ,and I am curious about the consequence so I can warn off some of the undergrads who want to take the exams like this in the future. So what is the point for some of you guys trying to blame me for cheating or raising this kind of questions? Probably you should then tell the CFAI to stop giving those ethics quesitons on the exams asking about whether someone is right or wrong for doing such and such a thing … Just kidding lol. So please just don’t get me wrong.

Not worth it

If you’re trying to cheat before you even get into the program. please don’t bother. Your wasting your time and devaluing the process for everyone else that plays the game fair.

What’s the hurry anyway, you won’t be able to write L2 until you graduate, unless you plan on cheating then too.

I don’t know why this question even needs to be asked. Is there really no ethics today?

Good point, but who knows

I don’t know if CFAI actually confirms that you have a degree or that you’re in your senior year. As far as I know, you can be a high-school dropout and take the exams. (They might check when you apply for membership, but I doubt they would before then.) So I guess you could go ahead and register and take all three exams.

I really don’t know what you’d be gaining though. Once you graduate and get a job, you can decide then if CFA would be a benefit. If it is, then there’s plenty of time to do the CFA later.

Right now you should focus on college. If you sacrifice GPA for CFA, then it will probably haunt you for the rest of your life.

I’ve never heard of anyone doing this but it sounds like an epically bad idea… you’re talking about trying to fool an organization that prides itself on integrity, character and transparency.

totally agreed. Even the thought of being checked upon charter application will haunt you for so many years over the level II and level III exams and all the years before the application.

Oh, what a coincidence! I happened to hear some undergraduate guys talking about this tonight when sitting at a coffee shop tonight.I did not intend to overhear their conversation but since it was related to the CFA program, it caught my attention. They seemed to be worried a lot about landing a job in IBs after graduations in such the competitive and unstable era, so they believe the CFA designation would help their resumes to be more shining than other candidates’ . That’s the way those guys see the program will be a benefit to them. I have a feeling that they are in a crisis …and have not been ready to enter the real world …

Trying to game the system already? You will succeed on Wall Street!

Hey, thank you. But pls read my post carefully again… you took me wrong

Exactly what I thought when I heard them talking about this…

You’ll get promoted fast. It doesn’t matter how you do it, just do it. That’s all employers on the street care about.

man, i don’t know if you are just joking or what, but i am serious. I don’t know how you do on the street, but i don’t think it is funny to game the CFA exam system .

thank you for your tips for the street though lol

Impressing your bosses > CFA exams

Trust me.

Oh. I get it. Your “friend” did it.

There’s lots of posts by people here, saying “my friend forgot their passport” or “my friend cheated” or something that their “friend” did.

guess u felt smart when you said “oh. i get it”, which u actually don’t. Even my “friends” didn’t do it. They found the registration system to be manipulable and inquired me about it, and I warned them AGAINSTdoing this as soon as I heard it (to be honest I was even a bit astonished).

I am just still curious about the CFAI validation system, and you are alluding that I am actually the “disguised friend”? Then i guess by posting this on the forum, i am exposing myself to being reported to the institue, don’t u think so?

Your sense of justice is understandable, but i find your self-righteousness totally funny.

guess i’ve got a lot to learn :smiley: thanks