What do you CFAs/ candidates do for a living?

I was under the impression that 95% of you were portfolio managers or trainees with one foot in the door

I’m curious to know how many ppl are actually not even in the investment analysis/portfolio management industry. I wonder how many ppl are actually computer programmers, teachers, or garbage men who are just daydreaming about a finance job but nobody is gonna let them actually manage any money (even if they pass the CFA exam).

business valuation

Electric/Natural Gas/Water Utility return on equity/rate of return consultant/witness

Alternative Asset Management - Distressed Securities

^ This.

That’s sound somewhat interesting. What’s your background and are you looking at distressed opportunities for investment?

This is actually my first job out of college and been here about 2 years now. We buy portfolios of consumer debt for cents on the dollar and outsource them to a third party for collection. It’s structured like a hedge fund in that we have pools of investors, minimum investment of $250k, 10-yr lockout period, 50/50 split after all PIC returned (but no profit splitting beforehand). The different funds/pools have different asset compositions based on the market opportunities present during the construction of the fund.

Male stripper before getting promoted to male gigolo for Wall Street pros.

Redundant; you are just a gigolo.

To OP: I’m an investment analyst.

Finance Professor

Teach CFA review courses, teach international finance, teach project management, consult in project risk management, develop software, put on magic shows, that sort of thing.

Officially at my firm I’m three titles: Baller, Shot-Caller and Brawler. I drive into work dippin’ in the Benz with the spoilers (but, I’m on the low from the Jake in the Taurus). As always, trying to get my hands on some grants like Horace.

At lunch, I’m living the raw deal with three-course meals: Spaghetti, fettucini and veal (though, why I’ve counted two pastas as two separate courses is beyond me).

Auditor

equity research. 1.5 years in.

Different sauces, perhaps (say, puttanesca vs. Alfredo)?

Similar, but wider scope and I’m not cool enough to be a witness.

I think he got the olive garden special, they count courses like that I think.

Anyone here work on Wall st?

Senior equity analyst at a hedge fund

ROE/ROR work isn’t all I do… just primarily what I do. Also do some energy portfolio construction, utility depreciation studies, utility M&A valuations, value at risk analysis, and utility revenue requirement analysis.

EDIT: and I just became a ‘witness’, so I’m not that “cool” myself.