Whis is the richest CFA?

Fogive me please, I know this question may seem superficial, but it is really the same thing as the billionaires list on Forbes which is a highly reputable publication:

Who is the richest CFA in the world (or top 3 of if known)? What does he/she do? Run a hedge fund or PE firm? Manage pension funds? A private investor? Or a super star analyst that Wall Street hangs on his/her every word?

I’m only asking b/c I don’t really have a lot of desire to go into finance; I just enjoy investing, want to know a lot more, and enjoy the challenge of the CFA material. I’m already comfortable in my career, but just want to know what is possible.

So any idea of who the world’s richest CFA might be? Or what would be a CFA salary in the 90 percentile?

Thanks!

Bill Gross, perhaps.

Something with bonds, I think.

Lol…yeah bonds or something like that right? wow thanks. That’s awesome. I never knew he was a CFA.

Any others that come to mind is greatly appreciated.

John Neff is I think also…

http://www.fool.com/investing/value/2006/07/20/john-neff-legendary-investor-part-1.aspx

While Warren Buffett has never held the charter, as far as I know, his mentor, Bengamin Graham, was instrumental in the founding of what is now the CFAI. Interesting that Buffett is not generally associated with the designation. I wonder if there is a representation of charterholders through the ranks of BRK…

http://post.nyssa.org/nyssa-news/2010/08/flashback-benjamin-graham-and-the-founding-of-the-cfa.html

http://www.gurufocus.com/news/5469/gurus-and-the-chartered-financial-analyst-designation

And from a search:

Abby Joseph Cohen, Senior U.S. Investment Strategist at Goldman Sachs** Gary Brinson, the founder of Brinson Partners which was acquired by Swiss Bank Corporation Sir John Marks Templeton, who founded the Templeton Mutual Funds**

Manish Sahajwani, Founder, FinanceTrain.com

Bill Gross by a landslide.

Cant believe its a bond guy. But at least he a bruin. 200m annual salary though is a bit ridic.

Entreprenuers are the wealthiest people. You’re never going to make it far on Forbes’ list by working for somebody else.

The real brains behind the operation was Mohammed El-Erian.

john roger$, cfa

^ He got booted out. Not sure what took so long.

^prob got a nice golden chute

Must we measure “richest” in dollars? :stuck_out_tongue:

That and a 30 bull market in bonds probably didn’t hurt

How about HF managers, guys like Cohen, Paulson, Dalio and likes? Do any of them hold the CFA designation?

Look them up on the CFA Institute website.

I don’t see them in the directory

^Then they have nothing to do with CFAI. Or possibly don’t pay their dues anymore? Not sure if you get removed for not paying dues. Doubt it though.

Agreed. I’d think their firms would cover such small expense as CFA dues.

If Cohen and Paulson didn’t pay their dues, I would think the Institute would be smart enough to pay it for them or waive their fees. The Institute has more to gain by having these heavyweights hold the charter than not. You’ll never get better exposure.