CFA scholarship question

"You are required to have 48 months of qualified work experience in order to submit your application."

Does this mean I can’t apply for Access scholarship if I don’t have the work experience? I am a student and have never worked in the field.

Thanks in advance!

You can apply for Access scholarship. There is no “work experience requirement” for scholarships. However, you should be at least in the last year of your bachelors program to apply for the CFA level 1.

The work experience requirement of 48 months that you are talking about is for getting CFA charter-when you pass all the 3 CFA exams and apply for CFA membership.

Thank you! :slight_smile: I have my bachelor’s degree (and have passed L1) so that’s no problem. (On a side note: Will I have to prove this?)

I have one more question regarding references, so if anyone can answer I’ll be most grateful.

I would like to ask two of my professors to be my references. I am wondering if it matters which subjects they teach (one teaches finance-related subjects, but the other one teaches strategy/planning courses - is this a problem at all)?

Also, will they necessarily be called by phone from the CFAI, and what type of questions must they answer from the email I send them from my application page? I would like to be able to tell them what to expect so as not to inconvenience them too much.

Thanks!

Anyone at all? :blush:

They might do check-ups or may ask your local CFA society to do it.

No, it should not be a problem. However, the more finance-related references, the better.

I am not sure whether they will call them or email them.

They can ask questions about your academic aptitude, commitment to CFA program/finance, charity work, your personality in general etc.

If it’s an access scholarship, then they might also ask about your financial position/history.

Do we need letters of recommendation for CFA access scholarship?