Taking FRM part 1 Nov 2015 clever idea??

Firstly sorry that i had to post it in CFA discussions…FRM forum looks kinda dead…

Coming to the point, I gave CFA level 2 this year…chance of pass are slim…either way i was thinking giving FRM part 1 in november…planning to start studying after CFA results…would you think it would be smart idea and maybe i could clear part 1 with almost 4 months study or it would be just overkilling evrythying and adding another unecessary bullet point on resume if i pass.

It prob quite a tall ask. I personally considered it after taking my L2 exam but refrained on the basis I would only have a month rest before I had to hit the books again for L3.

IMO you should wait until you’ve finished CFA before doing an FRM, and even then you can do both levels at the same time if you’re so inclined.

#CFA>FRM

#GoForGold

#whathashtagsaid

Depends on your confidence in passing L2 and L3. If you fail CFA you probably wil have to resit FRM again (they have strict rules for exams - no more than 2 years between exams and no more than 4 years to confirm 2 year work experiance). I considered FRM but because of timings and $150 shipment charges for books I didnt register.

#FailedCFAsGoForFRM

#LikeFailedDoctorsBecomeDentists

Interesting

Except in Canada where dentists make 3x more.

well that’s bass-ackwards

#BadTeeth

#EpidemicInCanada?

#pivatedentalpractice

#publichealthcare

#becomeadentisttomakesomepaper

Think carefully about whether it will cause burnout. If you have to retake l2, you could be looking at FRM1/L2/FRM2/L3 in 2 years, not counting retakes. I cleared FRM1 in less than 2months (somehow getting 1/1/1/1), but it was a tough exam – do not underestimate it.

On the upside, I found the FRM curriculum useful. The readings are better than a lot of the CFA readings, and you get tested a lot more on quants, which the CFA program largely lacks. As a footnote on your CV, CFA > FRM. In terms of difficulty and what you learn, I’m not so sure.

FRM 1 curriculum is nice and doable in short time after CFA L2 in my opinion.

@Twol84 - which books did you use for FRM 2 and how is part 2 compared to 1, is shweser sufficient

There is a lot of overlap between cfa level 2 and frm part 1 maybe 50% of FRM P1 curriculum.Not a bad idea at all.

What you should ask your self, Is this new certification will help me in any way carreer wise?If yes then go for it, if no and you have no better use for your time then why not, if uncertain leave it .

#DentistsmakemoremoneyinCanada