Studying for the CFA

I have been very stressed out and did not start studying yet do I stand a chance to pass or too late?

You can totally still make it happen if you apply yourself and coordinate your schedule to maximize the time that you do have available to prepare… I feel like quoting Yoda for this one: “Do or do not. There is no try.”

Sorry to say it, but if I factor in your current level of stress (this early in the game) with your late start to studying for Level II, I’m betting you’ll score in the majority this year.

#FAIL

Why are you / have you been stressed out? What chance that this could reoccur in the next few months? If it happened again, what would be the effect on your studies or exam performance?

You need to be honest with yourself about these answers. Then if you still feel like you can put in a winning performance, go for it! $930 is a lot of money for me but if you are motivated and disciplined, with the right strategy for you at this stage in the year, it could be worth it.

You have not provided enough data to make an appropriate conclusion.

my girl broke up with me over the phone 2 weeks ago and I just can`t get over it.

Sorry to hear the news. Now put suicidal thoughts aside (seriously), and with your bedroom door closed, go crank that Gloria Gaynor song on your desktop stereo system up to ‘9.5’.

#YouWillSurvive

That’s a ****** way to be treated by anyone.

Baby steps. It won’t get better quickly but it will get better.

Maybe treat yourself to the movie 500 Days of Summer. The architect music montage at the end always fills me with can do energy.

Part of the discipline needed to deal with this monster of a programme is the mind trick of putting aside your daydreams and concerns. They can all go into a box for 25 minutes while you study. Let your brain mull over them for 5 minutes between study sessions then get back to work. It requires a lot of training but hopefully you’ll get there.

And most importantly, if you start studying now and begin to make good progress, by exam day you will feel many times better about yourself than if you had let the breakup stop you from starting!

Once (and not so long ago) when I have to study for this thing, I felt as am forced to row as a galley slave. Now I’m just saying, let’s play. It’s all just a game, the same I consider for the examination. At last, nobody forced me to this program. Regarding your stress, the best cure for you would be visit a whorehouse.

just chug along and you’ll pass. not that tough of an exam. roughly half pass each levels. think about it this way…in what sports or in any competition awards you for coming in 50th place out of 100 participants? none? no, CFA will give you a pass - WIN. go get it

Focus more on heavy weights you should be able to make it.