CAIA and CFA

Hey all,

I’m posting this right here because the CAIA forum is kind of dead. I was wondering if CAIA was really a plus to the CFA because I see it requires less study hours (200 vs 300 average) and it has a higher passing rate. Is it really recognized among the hedge fund industry ?

I’m registered for the CFA level II in June and I was quite happy with that but then I realized that I was 23 and at this age some people are already taking Level III next June… I also realized CFA is more and more common in the industry, even auditors and other people working at EY Euler… have it.

Now I’m pretty sure I will register for the Fall 17 CAIA level I I just need you guys to push me (I seek approval^^), I’m also pretty sure I will succeed in CFA Level II and so I will have passed Level III by June 18’.

My real question is: Am I going to learn new things through the CAIA program ? Is it really deep knowledge about alternative investment or is it broad like the CFA (basics of alpha/beta etc…)? Will it help me in future job interviews/screening? (I’m interested in hedge funds, but not private equity though)

I guess these questions have been asked many times but as I see some people here have earned both charters I believe I can have some interesting answers. Thanks !