Is it worth to take the exams?

Hello, and thank you so much for all the information that provide us with.

I have a bachelor in Mathematics and a MSc in Finance. My question is if it is worth to go for the CFA or it is not necessary? It will be difficult for me according to my studies?

I am willing to follow a banking career.

Thank you

Maybe

I can already see good things coming in the future (more for me than you.)

#Models&Bottles

its a lottery price is …you will **** up your best years when everyone around gonna have a life.

and you won’t know final benefit until you done with it))

You could be stuck at L2 accounting readings.

CFA won’t open any door. Good experience will. Once there, CFA will make you look good, smart and maybe increase your ego. Start with that experience at big name

CFA will help open doors.

honestly your studies will not give you a huge advantage. CFA is not just about understanding finance to pass the exams shows people you are smart and dedicated…something u can put on ur business card. not all degrees are created equally anyway but cfa is cfa.

do it if you are young, but we are all scarred for life

+1

For banking, no.

Hows this relevant? This guy seems to need to get “good experience,” and is wondering if pursuing the cfa will help him get “good experience.” Everyone knows that 2 years experience in banking or ER is gonna be more applicable to other finance jobs than pursuing the level 1 of the cfa, but this guy wants to know how to get a foot in the door in the industry. I hate this line. “Start with that experience at big name.” How the fuck is he supposed to even…

^ this. But when starting at a big name firm proves to be difficult, having the charter may or may not help but it certainly can’t hurt. And the next question is whether OP has the ability to pass the exams. It’s not worth wasting time failing over and over because life’s short and there are other options (like a change in career).

I would say you need experience. Whether you need CFA charter on top of the experience is location-dependent. In my current location there is lack of understanding about the difference between CPA/ CIIA or CFA - very often, the job ads ask for any of them, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Ha I’ve seen that too. It’s right up there with “Required academic qualifications include graduate degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Political Science, Mathematics, or Statistics”

It’s a gruelling exam. I took the FRM instead, some years ago, but as you’re into mathematics, the PRM might be useful (PRMIA’s).

it is increasingly problematic that a CFA on its own will set you on a course towards a lucrative career. The problem is that the "quants’ have taken over stock picking and, further, the artificial intelligence and data scraping programs that search out undervalued securities are by orders of magnitude faster, cheaper and better than most CFAs. I am increasingly concerned that the CFA Charter is beomcing a relic – it says something about the past, but not about the future.

This scares me a lot. I have been thinking the same. I am trying to get into the industry but I’m not sure what roles will be available to non-quants and high level programmers!

I agree that CFA will help open doors.

Ha…we’ll see if you still believe that :slight_smile:

hello everyone ,

i have done MBA from India and i was in US for my phd but i drooped and decided to do CFA instead . I have no intentions to become an academician . so if you guys could help me out here . Do i again have to do MBA in US or should i concentrate all my effort to CFA . I have work experience of just two years .

ok