PCP inquiry - happy (somewhat) ending

A friend of mine had a proctor report written against him on Level 1 exam. It stated he didn’t close the book when instructed. Only one proctor wrote a report, report was vague and poorly written. He replied to them saying wtf (in a polite way) and they cleared him of any wrongdoing. He also completed exam with pen - amazingly, it wasn’t a problem at all.

He didn’t pass anyway.

It’s all from his words.

Fake news.

I highly recommend taking PCP during the exam.

I highly recommend sweeping the proctors legs

How do you accidentally take the exam with a pen?

I saw people in the exam room carrying 30 pencils, surely someone could have spared a pencil.

You might get written up for even sharing a pencil or calculator…

He took the multiple choice with a pen? Has he ever taken a scantron multiple choice test in university? He should know pen doesn’t work.

I ain’t sharing anything with nobody on exam day. I’m on my own. They’re on their own.

Why would pen not work? It just makes the circle dark, just like a pencil. Obviously, erasing is not possible, but true BSD doesn’t make errors.

AFAIK, the machine is only able to notice lead, not ink. So maybe they had someone go through the answer sheet manually.

Guy next to me at LI exam brought the wrong type of calculator. If you get all the way to the exam without realising there are strict conditions on what can be used then you certainly have bigger problems than the CFA.

To his credit, he actually sat the whole thing (morning and afternoon) without a calculator. Don’t imagine he had a very good Saturday.