Should I take up CFA or not

Hi Guys !

I am a Chartered Accountant from INDIA with 5 years of experience. I am planning to migrate to Canada this year end. Before that, I want to strengthen my profile with one International recognized Course and have decided to take up CFA.

My question is “will I be getting a job in Canada once i complete my level 2 without relevant work experience”?

Timely reply is appreciated because I have two days to enroll CFA

Thanks in advance

(shake…wait) It is decidedly so.

#Magic8Ball

Thanks for the reply. Suggest me any forum or society etc to register so that i can get job updates

Where in Canada? Toronto or Vancouver?

No.

Why would you pursue the lightweight credential CFA when you already possess the infinitely more prestigious Indian CA?

^ lol. How about we make a rule here on AF that we only make fun of Indians who don’t know English very well? I think his English is fine. If he hadn’t mentioned that he was from India, I wouldn’t have known.

So this is why level 1 has a low pass rate.

Do you mean to say that Indian CA can get me a job in Toronto? If so, could you please suggest me what I should do next?

Do you mean that it’s tough to get a job in Toronto without relevant work experience?

My brother in law has 5+ years of experience working for Standard Chartered bank (and some time with HSBC) and he’s moving to Canada with his wife under the Express Entry skilled worker immigration program. When I asked him about job prospects in Canada he said “I’ll find out when I get there”. It’s pretty hard to gauge a job market without dipping your toes first, so I wasn’t too surprised by his answer. Your mileage will vary. There’s no fixed recipe with finding a job in a totally new place, like “degree from X University, Y number of years of experience, and Z certifications” = job. If you want to take the CFA exam(s), you should do some research about the pros and cons (lots of similar questions here on AF and rest of the internet). You’ll probably not get many serious responses here because you clearly haven’t invested any time thinking this through and are simply looking for shortcuts by asking what others think who don’t know you and your personal circumstances.

It depends on many factors, but most importantly, how well defined your abs are. I’d say 200 crunches a day and you’ll be fine.

I was told seal clubbing was looked upon favorably?

I believe Canada has the highest concentration of CFAs per capita. They highly value it but you don’t already have it. Get started with an okay job and work your way into a better one as you pass the CFA.

Thanks for the reply. Especially ur last para. I decide it on my own…

Thanks for the reply. Will do that

Its funny, people attribute well defined abs as someone who does a lot of ab work. But, it is really low body fat that accentuates the abs. Sometimes these go hand in hand. Sometimes they don’t.

True. When training for his role in Fight Club, Brad Pitt used this concept. That guy is CFA Toronto material if I ever saw it - even if he cannot draw the urges of every Uttar Pradesh male within 50 km like SRK.

He will get a job, but probably not the job he wants. Then the immigrant depression sets in.

OP did not use the word ‘Eh’ once in his posts. Finding work in Canada will be a challenge.