Which Crash Course? CFA Society Course or Kaplan Online Live?

Looking for advice.

I’m planning on taking a crash course prior to the level II exam. So far I’m finding that my local CFA chapter (South Florida) offers a live course over near Boca Raton/Fort Lauderdale area (driving distance) and Kaplan has their online, live three day review. Both programs are at the end of April and cost the same.

What would the folks here recommend I do? Also, definitely willing to explore other live class options if there is another one with a good reputation. Thanks!

~Chris

level 2 for me was in 2012

I did the Kaplan 3 day online course. I don’t remember the details but I learned few key points/concepts from the course. Have no idea how much it was but my impression to this date is that it was worth the time and money.

Thanks for the tip! I always get a little nervous about online courses, but for $550, if it’s going to help me pass, I’ll do it. Anyone have other opinions?

IMO too many people drags their heels beforehand, and rely on these 3-day crash courses to help them play catch-up. Usually turns out to be a false crutch. But if you come prepared, then you should have an edge over the competition come Game Day.

#My2Cents

^ 100% agree… You must be prepared going into any of these courses. These courses will help you clear your head on couple chapters or concepts you weren’t too sure of. None of these courses will save anyone on exam day.

This is great. So two read-throughs with Schweser and a few areas of consistent struggle and I should be good. Thanks!