Sign up  |  Log in

Net worth

king_kong wrote:

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

I don’t know bro, this place looks classy

$45mm, 5,610sqft, $8021/sqft

15 CPW
PH18/19B

https://www.elliman.com/new-york-city/15-cpw-15-central-park-west-ph18-1...

 

The amenities in this building are sick - 75’ pool with skylight — that length is very rare.

Only $10k/month maintance on this? What a steal! Look at the maintance fee on this bad boy:

http://streeteasy.com/building/sherry-netherland/18thfloor

here’s John Gutfreund’s old place just up the street from that one

https://ny.curbed.com/2016/9/20/12992408/nyc-most-expensive-home-price-cut

and just had to pull the top 25

https://ny.curbed.com/maps/nyc-most-expensive-homes-for-sale

1 The Atelier, 45th Floor

$85 million

In 2013, the developers behind the Atelier decided to list all nine units on the building’s 45th floor as one mega-sale, hoping that a mega-rich buyer would snap it up for $85 million. No one has bitten so far, and the ask hasn’t lowered in four years—which makes it the most expensive home on the market right now. The apartment comes with some sweet (read: completely outrageous) perks, including a $1 million yacht with docking fees for 5 years, two Rolls Royce Phantoms (one convertible and one hardtop because of course), dinner for two every week at Daniel for one year, a year of courtside season tickets to the Brooklyn Nets, and a Hamptons summer rental.

"A theory that you can't explain to a bartender is probably no damn good."
- Ernest Rutherford

Personalized CFA® exam prep is here! Through this exclusive Analyst Forum offer, you can save 10% on June 2020 CFA Premium Study Packages. Use promo code KS-AF10 at check out. Offer expires Oct 31, 2019.

-igor, you’re prolly right, as i age (28), i do realize how unhealthy it is to compare myself to others. its not healthy but i like to compete. my boss for example is prolly worth 200x more than me but im not phased. 

and its very retarded to compare myself to most Americans. the bar is set way too low. its like comparing my bball skills to a 10 year old. af is a great place cuz theres such a huge concentration of charterholders.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Yeah it seems most start cranking in the big $$$ in their 40s anyway (ie. MD, Partner, C-Suite, PM, etc).

"A theory that you can't explain to a bartender is probably no damn good."
- Ernest Rutherford

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

king_kong wrote:

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

I don’t know bro, this place looks classy

$45mm, 5,610sqft, $8021/sqft

15 CPW
PH18/19B

https://www.elliman.com/new-york-city/15-cpw-15-central-park-west-ph18-1...

 

The amenities in this building are sick - 75’ pool with skylight — that length is very rare.

Only $10k/month maintance on this? What a steal! Look at the maintance fee on this bad boy:

http://streeteasy.com/building/sherry-netherland/18thfloor

here’s John Gutfreund’s old place just up the street from that one

https://ny.curbed.com/2016/9/20/12992408/nyc-most-expensive-home-price-cut

and just had to pull the top 25

https://ny.curbed.com/maps/nyc-most-expensive-homes-for-sale

1 The Atelier, 45th Floor

$85 million

In 2013, the developers behind the Atelier decided to list all nine units on the building’s 45th floor as one mega-sale, hoping that a mega-rich buyer would snap it up for $85 million. No one has bitten so far, and the ask hasn’t lowered in four years—which makes it the most expensive home on the market right now. The apartment comes with some sweet (read: completely outrageous) perks, including a $1 million yacht with docking fees for 5 years, two Rolls Royce Phantoms (one convertible and one hardtop because of course), dinner for two every week at Daniel for one year, a year of courtside season tickets to the Brooklyn Nets, and a Hamptons summer rental.

What a gaudy bunch of crap.

I gender Identify as a Chair. People say to me that I’m ****ing retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. If you can’t accept me you’re a Furniturephobe and need to check your furniture privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

one of those houses that chopped the listing price by 24mm is not my style.  Kind of creepy actually.  Of course I am no where near close to ever buying a house of that price of caliber but I like simple and modern look.  The gotchic cathedral style can remain on the outside of the building. The inside can be light in color and simple in design for me.

Be yourself. The world worships the original.

infinitybenzo wrote:

one of those houses that chopped the listing price by 24mm is not my style.  Kind of creepy actually.  Of course I am no where near close to ever buying a house of that price of caliber but I like simple and modern look.  The gotchic cathedral style can remain on the outside of the building. The inside can be light in color and simple in design for me.

Completely agree.

"A theory that you can't explain to a bartender is probably no damn good."
- Ernest Rutherford

It’s hard to change the internal structure of those old buildings though. The main difference to me is that new building emphasize feelings of spaciousness, big windows, natural light, open flowing rooms, and integration of work/live spaces. Older buildings are darker, have small windows, are more claustrophobic, and have all these weird hallways (“gallerias”?) and nooks for old people to display their antiques. This feeling is evident not just from the layout of the apartments, but from the exterior, and in the lobby and hallways as you go through the building. When you have $80 million to spend on a house, you can be picky about design trends and won’t just care about size and location.

Also, who still goes to Daniel? That place hasn’t been hip since the 1990s, amiright?

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

Oh Stallion, this thread is bloody embarrassing for you.

if you’re going to brag, at least be subtle about it like Ohai

excluding your home is stupid. you can mortgage your home and use the proceeds to invest. there is no difference between the guy who owns his home outright and the guy who mortgages his home to invest.

^

**** in that case I’m in the top .5 percent of my age bracket. Haters continue to hate 

AbrahamIsaac wrote:

i include home equity in my net worth

so…your 1.3mm is including your home equity, which you said is fully paid at 900k….which leaves you with 400k “play money”

Be yourself. The world worships the original.

AbrahamIsaac wrote:

^

**** in that case I’m in the top .5 percent of my age bracket. Haters continue to hate 

Yes, but could you prove it?

People may think your 900k house is bought by the money of your parents, even your $400k is theirs.

My feats:
12/Make the 1000th comment in the longest AF thread ever
https://www.analystforum.com/comment/91782543#comment-91782543
2/ Earn the CFA charter in 2018 https://www.analystforum.com/comment/91838098#comment-91838098

infinitybenzo wrote:

AbrahamIsaac wrote:

i include home equity in my net worth

so…your 1.3mm is including your home equity, which you said is fully paid at 900k….which leaves you with 400k “play money”

Isnt it more advantageous to obtain a house mortgage at a low % and instead of paying off the home in full to invest the money at a higher rate of return to net the difference?

"A theory that you can't explain to a bartender is probably no damn good."
- Ernest Rutherford

Dude keeps doubling down. This is highly entertaining. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

ohai wrote:

Is $1.3 million supposed to be good or bad? I seriously don’t know. 

Little Asian man doesn’t even know at beginning of thread 

What’s his race got to do with it mate? 

gringo_bob wrote:

What’s his race got to do with it mate? 

he has nothing better to say so he has resorted to labeling people as an accountant then desk jockey and little asian. lmao

All of which are not to be underestimated in my opinion….because let’s break it down for Abraham…..

Equity research is probably 70% accounting - looking at 10k, 10Q - and pro-forma statements.  The activity especailly the latter is text book corporate accounting or FP&A.  “Finance” here is knowing the company from talking to the mgmt, sell side analysts, and understanding the industry and the company itself. 

Desk jockey?? yes, nothing wrong with that we all work at our desks unless Abraham is a client portfolio manager or folding clothes at GAP in which case, he would be a car jockey or foot jockey either greeting customers or chasing clients…i don’t know.

Littel Asian….well not only is Abraham idiotic but also racist.  Asians unfortunately or fortunately have money and brains…can’t ignore that group…Visit any major metro areas in the country and you can see that Asians take up roughly 25% of the best jobs and best houses.  

All points to one conclusion…Ignorance….”ignorance is the most dangerous element to our society”

Be yourself. The world worships the original.

Tension mounts as we approach results day…..

Well, I’d say I am about average size at least.

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

you lift ohai?

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

In general, my weekly routine is 3x running between 4 and 6 miles, one weights day (including legs), and one of those “cross fit” things. I don’t do any road races nowadays, so I am not at peak fitness, but I think it is ok for maintaining health.

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

sounds like a decent routine. btw i was flipping thru the channels earlier this week and saw the crossfit games.

those folks are insane. i feel like i would break halfway thru the first event.

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

Greenman72 wrote:
S2000magician wrote:
Greenman72 wrote:
AbrahamIsaac wrote:
im at 1.3 mm and Im 33. come at me bros.

I just did a tax return for a girl who’s worth about $200 million, and she’s only 7.

Apples and oranges: she’s probably not a charterholder nor a candidate.

How would you know?

She needs a university degree to sit for Level II.

You could get transcripts.

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

infinitybenzo wrote:

AbrahamIsaac wrote:

i include home equity in my net worth

so…your 1.3mm is including your home equity, which you said is fully paid at 900k….which leaves you with 400k “play money”

Isnt it more advantageous to obtain a house mortgage at a low % and instead of paying off the home in full to invest the money at a higher rate of return to net the difference?

The point is your primary residence represents consumption, regardless of whether it is financed with debt or paid for with cash, (as mine was). Wealth consists of financial assets not home equity. 

You may not grasp this now, but you may someday when you have accumulated real wealth. 

lord of pensions and pilsner wrote:

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

infinitybenzo wrote:

AbrahamIsaac wrote:

i include home equity in my net worth

so…your 1.3mm is including your home equity, which you said is fully paid at 900k….which leaves you with 400k “play money”

Isnt it more advantageous to obtain a house mortgage at a low % and instead of paying off the home in full to invest the money at a higher rate of return to net the difference?

The point is your primary residence represents consumption, regardless of whether it is financed with debt or paid for with cash, (as mine was). Wealth consists of financial assets not home equity. 

You may not grasp this now, but you may someday when you have accumulated real wealth. 

It represents future consumption which you have paid for. i.e. an asset.

You may not realize this now. But you may learn it once you are no longer poor. Or you know, some other random condescending and irrelevant phrase.

lord of pensions and pilsner wrote:

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

infinitybenzo wrote:

AbrahamIsaac wrote:

i include home equity in my net worth

so…your 1.3mm is including your home equity, which you said is fully paid at 900k….which leaves you with 400k “play money”

Isnt it more advantageous to obtain a house mortgage at a low % and instead of paying off the home in full to invest the money at a higher rate of return to net the difference?

The point is your primary residence represents consumption, regardless of whether it is financed with debt or paid for with cash, (as mine was). Wealth consists of financial assets not home equity. 

You may not grasp this now, but you may someday when you have accumulated real wealth. 

thanks a lot prick

I think you’re wrong 

“From a purely quantitative standpoint, the economic benefit to maintaining a mortgage and investing the difference is significant for most homeowners over the past several decades.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lawrencelight/2015/11/14/whats-the-smartest...

You may not grasp this now, but being a prick all your life does little to benefit anyone and will hardly serve the needs of your clients.

"A theory that you can't explain to a bartender is probably no damn good."
- Ernest Rutherford

[

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

lord of pensions and pilsner wrote:

Isaiah_53_5 wrote:

infinitybenzo wrote:

AbrahamIsaac wrote:

i include home equity in my net worth

so…your 1.3mm is including your home equity, which you said is fully paid at 900k….which leaves you with 400k “play money”

Isnt it more advantageous to obtain a house mortgage at a low % and instead of paying off the home in full to invest the money at a higher rate of return to net the difference?

The point is your primary residence represents consumption, regardless of whether it is financed with debt or paid for with cash, (as mine was). Wealth consists of financial assets not home equity. 

You may not grasp this now, but you may someday when you have accumulated real wealth. 

thanks a lot prick

I think you’re wrong 

“From a purely quantitative standpoint, the economic benefit to maintaining a mortgage and investing the difference is significant for most homeowners over the past several decades.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lawrencelight/2015/11/14/whats-the-smartest...

You may not grasp this now, but being a prick all your life does little to benefit anyone and will hardly serve the needs of your clients.

forbes…. good reference. I don’t have clients ;) on the buy side ;) –  institutional investor; do you even know what that is?

i wud rather b a wealthy prick than a broke nice guy

lord of pension - another clown has arisen. Post your bank account statement here, or STFU and stop making condescending and ignorant statements. Most likely, you’re not even a wealthy prick, just a prick.

Regarding the house, of course it is an asset - it has positive value. You’d be an idiot not to accept the gift of a free house, which you can sell, occupy and save rent, of borrow against. Just because someone chooses to consume the asset over time, rather than deploy its market value in income earning investments, doesn’t make the house worth zero. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

I have been very lucky, it is true.