Sign up  |  Log in

Net worth

I think the OP (as stupid as he is) is trying to use the term “net worth” as a big-dick competition.  And if that’s the case, I think you should remove home equity from net worth.  

82 > 87
Simple math.

Don’t waste your valuable time with unreliable and bogus strategies for passing the CFA® exam. Schweser prepares you for success with adaptive tools, expert instruction, and proven study techniques personalized to your unique learning style.

I got 10 bathrooms I take ****s in. How much they worth cuz?

Image result for 10 porta potty

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

Lol gave me a good laugh Igor 

Be yourself. The world worships the original.

just cause you sell your house doesnt mean you got to blow it all on food and shelterenlightened

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.

frankybarnes wrote:

just cause you sell your house doesnt mean you got to blow it all on food and shelterenlightened

Do you consider yourself wealthy because you drive an expensive car that is financed ?

lord of pensions and pilsner wrote:

frankybarnes wrote:

just cause you sell your house doesnt mean you got to blow it all on food and shelterenlightened

Do you consider yourself wealthy because you drive an expensive car that is financed ?

good point but a car depreciates in value. a house on the other hand appreciates in value. majority of americans have the house as the majority of their net worth.

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-the-average-net-worth-of-americans-...

https://dqydj.com/net-worth-by-age-calculator-for-the-united-states/

i am top 3 to 4 percentile for my age. :)

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Nerdyblop wrote:

lord of pensions and pilsner wrote:

frankybarnes wrote:

just cause you sell your house doesnt mean you got to blow it all on food and shelterenlightened

Do you consider yourself wealthy because you drive an expensive car that is financed ?

good point but a car depreciates in value. a house on the other hand appreciates in value. majority of americans have the house as the majority of their net worth.

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-the-average-net-worth-of-americans-...

https://dqydj.com/net-worth-by-age-calculator-for-the-united-states/

i am top 3 to 4 percentile for my age. :)

No offense, but not a good point. As has been said multiple times in this thread, it’s the EQUITY in the home that should count, not the total value of the home. Therefore, it’s the EQUITY in the car that should be added to net worth, not the total value. Yes, the car depreciates, but that’s why the net worth calculation is a snap shot in time, as is the balance sheet of a company.

Hey Hamilton, have a holly jolly Christmas.

icic. right i agree. so car is still part of equity, the difference is that it is more likely to depreciate in value.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

I’d just like to state, again, this thread is possibly the most embarrassing thread in the history of AF. And I’ve seen some really, really stupid stuff on here.

Sweep the Leg wrote:

I’d just like to state, again, this thread is possibly the most embarrassing thread in the history of AF. And I’ve seen some really, really stupid stuff on here.

I’m honored that I could be a part of it.

The size of this thread makes me feel like AF members might be a bit money hungry. 

I gender Identify as a Chair. People say to me that I’m ****ing retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. If you can’t accept me you’re a Furniturephobe and need to check your furniture privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

“HNWIs are defined as those having investable assets of US$1million or more, excluding primary residence, collectibles, consumables, and consumer durables.”

This from Capgemini…the world’s leading authority on high net worth individuals. https://www.capgemini.com/news/capgemini-world-wealth-report-2017-high-n... 

Happy to count myself among the privileged.

This is a good thread, almost at the level of the man who eats live snakes.

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

Has the OP ever explained why he wanted to know the net worth information of members?

https://news.efinancialcareers.com/us-en/185046/much-earn-now-investment...

Where do you fall in this scale? The numbers seem about 30% too low, based on my experience, but maybe since it’s 2017, a lot of people from DB brought down the London average.

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

nice, this gem is still kickin

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

btw are 401k included in net worth? if so how do you calculate the value..

do you calculate the future value and discount to today or take current value and apply early withdrawal and taxes to get the actual amount you can draw today?

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

how do you account for the value of intangible assets and liabilities and intellectual properties?

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.

If these have real value (doubtful) then you add the value of the assets to your net worth, and subtract the value of the liabilities from your net worth.

i own a few patents in my portfolio, please assist in valuing. tanks

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

The love of a good woman is worth more than the weight of goldlaugh

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.

ohai wrote:

This is a good thread, almost at the level of the man who eats live snakes.

szg

If I have a 401k, and I take a $50k loan, then do I count the $50k once or twice?  

I mean, it’s still in my 401k AND I have the cash, so it’s really like $100k, right?  

And if I pay myself 4% interest, then it’s really like $104k, right?  

edit - 104k in the 401k.  That’s funny.  Amirite6?

82 > 87
Simple math.

How do you account for loans to mother on your balance sheet?

[gif removed by admin]

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile.

Greenman72 wrote:

If I have a 401k, and I take a $50k loan, then do I count the $50k once or twice?  

I mean, it’s still in my 401k AND I have the cash, so it’s really like $100k, right?  

And if I pay myself 4% interest, then it’s really like $104k, right?  

edit - 104k in the 401k.  That’s funny.  Amirite6?

wow so smart!

Greenman72 wrote:

If I have a 401k, and I take a $50k loan, then do I count the $50k once or twice?  

I mean, it’s still in my 401k AND I have the cash, so it’s really like $100k, right?  

And if I pay myself 4% interest, then it’s really like $104k, right?  

edit - 104k in the 401k.  That’s funny.  Amirite6?

If you take 50k loan then yes, your asset goes up by $50k but so does your liabilities.  Net Worth is defined as assets - liabilities so your loan action nets you 0 unless i am missing a piece here….

Be yourself. The world worships the original.

what if you do in an off-balance sheet way

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

What if you steal someone’s credit card and social security, and take out a loan in that person’s name while putting the cash assets in your balance sheet?

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

yo lord whats the  most expensive thing you own excluding houses

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP