Best book to use for the CFA L1 exam in June 2018

Hello,

I’ve read a number of posts online regarding the best books to use for the exam and many have opted for the 3rd party resources (Schweser/Wiley) based on the amount of information that is contained in the official CFA books.

Given that I have a little over 9 months to prepare for the exam in June 2018, would anyone still recommend the official books? If so, why?

Thanks

I wouldn’t recommend the official books for anything other than the blue box problems and the end of chapter problems included for each reading. Wiley or Kaplan are both great preps for Level 1. If you put in the time, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Thank you for the reply Black8Mamba23

Is there an alternative to the blue box problems found within the CFA text books or will I just have to bite the bullet and purchase both?

Your registration fee for the exam will include an electronic copy of the curriculum, so you won’t need to spend anything additional to have access to them. I would definitely make it a priority to answer, review, and understand each reading’s blue box problems. Best of luck!