Engineer's eye on CFA

Hello guys

Im planning to start my CFA Journey, however I have no experience in investment except for having my own business and evaluating stocks through some books like the intelligent investor and investopedia.

Currently i’m working for Oil operator company in the core business of the company, is it stupid to search for other opportunity or just having CFA will benefits me to be the CEO or something big in that particular sector!?

I do have a bachelor degree in Industrial engineering and system management so it will be really easy when it comes to stat, math and interpreting data and complex equations.

and yeah I’m from Kuwait, middle eastern country near Saudi arabia.

Cheers

Yes, CFA will make you into the CEO of the company. I encourage you to sign up.

Make sure you tell the current CEO that you’ll be in charge a few years from now, so he better shape up.

#goodluck

If you are already an engineer, I’d look into Google. GOOG is apparently donating $1B to train employees, such as yourself. Check Water Cooler for more info there. It may depend if you work on a passenger or freight train.

Passing first level of the CFA could help to signify interest and dedication to the investment profession; however, you really need to focus on what area you want to shift into and how your skills are applicable to that area. It is a broad field.

Imagine if passing the CFA makes you the CEO of Google. Why not merge the best of both worlds?

Thank you Ohai

CEO position needs much of hard work politics. CFA gives me a step a head somehow.

Cheers!

Oh yeah to get myself Fired. I might need 15 more years to think of that post, nevertheless thinking ahead is better than waiting in place :smiley:

Thanks man.

Im way far from the railway industry, I dunno if I get your point there.

but for the second paragraph, I totally agree and appreciate your point.

Thank you Mr Brain wash your face

Merging both worlds in theory is magnificent and easy but do they “they:Conspiracy guys” want to make the world a better place ?!

They don’t.

and yes I can’t Imagine what will happen after CFA, maybe superb future or maybe bad one.

Appreciate the thoughts Cheers

no complex equation in the cfa curriculum mate…you’re thinking of masters in fin engineering or fsa…CFA even states that you only need algebra skills to be able to pass the CFA exams.

As for interpreting data…there is none…oh ummm in the GIPS section, you gotta find non-GIPS compliant entry which is more like finding Waldo.

However, you will learn quite a bit about lots of theoretical and textbook style stuff…If you like learning go right ahead