CFA Instructor in a resume

I was asked to be one of the instructors for a university/local society CFA prep course. The head of that program said there are a lot of people wanting to teach, partly in order to put it on their resume/cv.

Is CFA instructor very useful on a resume? What would you think of it? Like “whoa”? “That’s nice”? “We really do need someone who can teach others”? “Too much spare time”?

I know there is at least one other prep class instructor who posts here, but interested in everyone’s opinions.

If you end up teaching, you should charge $3000 a student and make them sign an agreement stating that they can’t get their money back after the first week of class.

that’s pretty cool. To clarify is it for a university or a local society? Big difference between “yeah I teach finance and investments as lecturer for Columbia” vs “I teach couple nights a week for NYSSA”

But to answer your question…not too much of a WOW factor just thats cool - no more and no less.

The class is run by a business school professor at a major University, and students in the MBA program can take it pass/fail for credit.

The CFA association itself is kind of washed out, but I think this activity is good to the extent that it shows you are active in some society, and that you probably have ok presentation skills, which are useful in many roles.