Passed CFA L1 - I say I studied 35 hours; my GF says < 15

As a background, I’m 18 months removed from business school. Went to Mcintire when it was ranked #2 US undergrad. I studied finance and accounting there - got a BA degree. I think a couple professors in the minor program were involved at CFAI. Am a CPA - PwC, audit.

Yea guys - 15 hours can apparently pass level 1. I bummed the remnants of a guy’s Schweser notes. No practice tests prior. I had to bum a pencil on exam day off a kid as well as the local hotel because I had two which were the wrong kind. I almost skipped the exam. I think I put a small fraction of the time in compared to what I had in my easiest of 4 CPA exams. It’s not much hype I guess if everything lines up right.

Idk folks.

So, in short, you’re awesome, but not as awesome as your girlfriend thinks you are.

lol

Cool story bro.

You’re a penis enlargement auditor?

www.reddit.com/r/thathappened

Sounding like a d**k won’t make yours any bigger.

#goodluck

You know there is no partial designation, so good luck on Level 2.

if that’s true which is tough to believe, good for you…not because it’s tough but even the smartest people would need lot of hours just to get comfortable with the way the questions are asked and time mgmt, etc…

Anyways, the smartest person to have the CFA in my field (i’ve seen only a handful of CFAs in my field) in real life…not some forum…is a girl with BS and MS math degree from mit. she took level 1 in december and finished the whole thing in 1.5 years. she said she studied solid 100 hours per level. she does not pay cfa dues though…

Wow that’s so awesome!!! Might as well do the same for level 2… don’t want to waste extra time studying since you obviously don’t need to with your top notch undergrad degree! Report back when you pass!!!

You didnt mention your percentile.

Big difference if you barely passed and if you were the top 99.99%.

Post the results image of the results or it didnt happen!

Get pictures of the girlfriend too or it didn’t happen. This place is turning into Sherdog.

N.B. to the OP: You claim to have passed LI, yet your ID lists you as an L1 candidate. Quiet note to audit file…

How hot is your gf penis auditor?

LOL

Meh i find it hard to believe that if you can’t remember a simple thing such as bringing the right kind of pencil, that you can remember all that material in such a small time…

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.” - Robert Jordan

Welcome, welcome back Bleron. I was long awaiting your arrival,

It has been said, that arrival of Bleron will signal the second coming of qqqbeee, our saviour.

Rejoice!

ok

@OP - They say that L2 is 50% harder than L1, so I recommend putting in about 40 hours. That will surely guarantee a P.

In an actual true story, back when I wasn’t sure which way my career would go I passed BEC over 95% around 2009 having studied less than 10 hours off of a friend’s borrowed book. I never had any accounting background. Meanwhile, this rube said he put in multiples of that despite a background. Love UVA being considered top tier, haha. Anyhow so it goes, probably why he’s making the big bucks at PwC, lol.