Work Experience Requirement

I’m wondering if my current job qualifies as work experience for the charter? I contacted the institute, but they told me that they don’t review work experience until completion of all three levels.

I work in international trade, and my work revolves around large corporations/law firms, the US Department of Commerce (DOC), and the US International Trade Commission (ITC). Primarily, I analyze trade data, interpret financial statements, and practice cost/management accounting. With information garnered above, I consult corporations/law firms on how to present their case before the DOC/ITC. The projects drastically vary case-by-case. A lot of work involves market research for the prices of production inputs in several countries (e.g. Pentafluoroethane prices in Romania, Hungary, and France).

Bump. No one has any experience with this?

Like CFAI said, you won’t know until you ask. But, for what its worth, my gut feel is you wouldn’t qualify.

I can’t remember the exact wording of the experience requirement, but I’m pretty sure you had to demonstrate a fair bit of exposure to the investment decision-making process in one fashion or another.

You may need to be creative about how you describe your job. Omit those areas which are irrelevant and highlight those areas which are a better fit.